Light-O-Rama Forums

Your Fleet

Guest guest

mountainwxman wrote:

EAB wrote:
Okay Zac. Crazy Canadians....

Here are my feet...

feet.jpg

Rich... something about your post stinks. I can't figure out what it is. :laughing:

Couldn't hold out any longer:]

Here's mine...

LOL!!!! That's funny.. :) LOL!!

MichaelC wrote:

Geez, I can't even begin to count the probable Electrical violations in this post... .and I'm not even an electrician.

So true, but I'm not going by the pictures posted. I cannot imagine what’s going on out there

When you have to deal with 1000’s of lights or more or if someone ends up needing more power then the single outlet that the original homebuilder put in that’s where the problems will start.

Problem is for those who do know how the hook up electrical connections is

$15 in parts = gets the lights up and running

$50 in parts = gets the lights up and running almost to code (well kinda)

$250 in parts = gets the lights up running and satisfies the electrical code requirements

Multiple $250 x # number of controllers = Big $$$

I upgraded my display several years ago to meet the electrical code requirements stated in my province. It would have cost $3000 to do it retail but I got a lot of the stuff for free or for peanuts from an electrician and at garags sales etc…

I use these connectors to setup the display for temp use then it all comes apart to be put away. http://www.manning-electric.com/russellstoll.htm

I use a 150 amp 4pin 240v connector.

Costs over $1000 new but got it for free!

Attached files 99823=6050-100_4274a.jpg

I’m kind of sad, i feel as if its being directed towards me:(. My boxes have plexi (sp) over them, it just doesn’t show up in the pictures, there wired to a sub panel that is on a 100 breaker and goes to the sub and splits to 15amps, then from there it goes to 10 gfi plugs. I also have two other lines that go to two of the ten gfi's. So there’s a max of 120amps. And its all in a locked room in the basement off the basement wall. Each box plugs into the gfi's. The home im in would not pass code as it is. (like that before we got here, the additions we added will)

Jordan

Hello all,

First post here and newbie LOR-er. I thought I'd share my crude, low-cost, not-to-code, setup. I used a couple of tackle/tool boxes for the breakouts which are connected to the controller via direct-bury, 12 conductor cable, which eliminates all those long extension cords. I'm only running 13 channels right now but do have a running show. I got some practice using LOR during Halloween and used 3 channels to animate a effect I built last year:

http://www.archive.org/download/Cellarcreatureanimated/thecellarcreature.wmv

Man, I sure envy some of the previously posted rigs...you guys are insane! Although I'm sure I'll be there soon enough. :) Anyways, thanks for a great site and for all the help!

Alex

Attached files 100515=6078-lorsetup.jpg

cghargis wrote:

The with the cover on it. All of my wiring is run into Molex connectors just to spee things up when connecting.

Nice cover! Very creative. I might have to "borrow" that idea as I have yet to find a permanent resting place for my LOR.

part-2....Plexi-glass for cover...

hehe is that up to code B).....

What a nightmare i had getting a freking gas heater up in my shop, had to rewire enture place just to get the gas hook up to the heater ...... (last year)