Light-O-Rama Forums

1 1/2 CCR How to do it?

jbzeus

I have two arches built into my porch. I measured and need 86" up one side, 126" across the top and 86" down the other side. Fits 1 1/2 CCRs exactly! So, I'm trying to figure out how to do this.

Can someone give me a walk through? I did some reading of others cutting the ribbons.

Do I need four controllers? One for each full ribbon and one for the extra half?

Do I need four power supplies? The arches are next to each other so I could put the half sections on the middle of the arches at the bottom and be in close proximity. How would I wire?

Will I lose intensity doing this? If you connect end to end it seems so. With add'l controller(s) this wouldn't happen?

Do I really need to purchase two more CCRs? (I have two already)

Thanks,
Jeff

May I suggest just 3 ccrs. One cut in the middle with four wires connecting the sections. Long enough to go between arches. Full | half | wires | half | full.
You will still have 3 controllers with full pixel control. No extra power supplies.

You will have to adjust your programming to 75 RGB channels each arch.

CCRsolder.jpg

Thanks Bob O. I was laying in bed last night and it dawned on just what you suggested. Probably because I saw your picture in another post. :-) Thanks for the help. I'd just have to program my channels by 50 +25 then 25 + 50.

A follow-up question. Could I put the controller in the middle of the CCR and it would program from one end, across the jumper wires then the second half? Or, does the controller have to enter the one end of the wire and go continuous? I want to have two separate arches to control so they can be independent of each other.

Also, you have a PM on another subject.

Another question. If the CCR had some number less than 50 sections(pixels) would the power source be supplying too much power to the balance of the sections? For example, if a section went bad could it be removed and not "over power" the balance of the sections left? Since I only have two CCRs I would cut one in half then use just the one and a half this year for one arch.

Looks like I need another CCR. Anyone have an extra one? Looks like I missed a chance for a couple for sale in the last week for $209 plus shipping. Dang! Or I'll just have one arch this year and wait for the sale! :-)

Controller in the middle of two 25 pixel sections would technically work. But... the first pixel on each section would be #1. So you would not have individual control of each side. They would be mirrored.

No it would not be too much power. Its still the right voltage going in.

• 3 weeks later...

So, how the heck do I program this. I'm not connecting with the Superstar software and how to set up the 1 1/2 ribbons. Read the manual and just not connecting. Started with the S@ then S3 software and only used the manual for reference. For some reason this CCR programing with Superstar just isn't connecting. Any tips?

• The topic was locked