Light-O-Rama Forums

controller doesn't show up on network.. help!

timmydatoolman

I am finally getting my display wired, but i ran in to a problem. One of my controllers doesn't show up on the network. It is one from last season and it worked last year. I had it hooked up(yesterday) to change the address, and that worked, now even connected direct the computer doesn't see it. the network jacks seem a bit loose but I really don't think thats the problem.

I don't want to disassemble it and re-solder it, unless I know it will help.

Anyone had any similar problems,or just good suggestions?

Thanks

Tried a different cable same result, led is flashing red. Experimented some more looks like it won't even pass the network signal through it

If you are positive that the cables are good, then it could be the loose network jacks that you mentioned or the comm chip.

If you are positive that the cables are good, then it could be the loose network jacks that you mentioned or the comm chip.

Cable works on other boxes, I just pulled the board looks like there is no connection to the top 4 wires on either plug, time to try resodering

got it fixed, problem was with the pins in the RJ45 jack every other row was flattened out and not making contact, I must have had a screwed up cable that i plugged in to them.