Light-O-Rama Forums

Music not scrolling in the seqencer?

BamaFlum

I've been saving my old sequences from last year to a new file name (Song 2010 to Song 2011) and adding a couple of channels (I combined a few lights when converting to LED's to free up some channels). I typically have two windows open for each song. Everything was working fine, but I noticed that two of my recent songs after saving aren't playing properly. When I play them, they don't scroll, the animation doesn't work, but the music plays. When I try to play it 2x speed, it will speed across completely out of sync with the sequencer. Weird. I've opened some of my previous songs both old and new ones and they work fine. I'm at a loss. My fear is that since the animation isn't working, it would not turn the channels on and off during the show with these sequences. I'll run a few more sequences to see if happens with others.

I'm running 2.8.12 advanced with Windows XP Professional and Windows Media Player 11. I always use WAV files. I'm leary of updated this close to the season, but would be willing if it helps.

Strange.

I suspect that the issue is related to Windows Media Player. For musical sequences, LOR relies upon WMP to constantly be telling it the current position in the song. If WMP doesn't tell LOR where it is in the song, then LOR won't do anything based upon the current position (such as scroll the sequence along with play).

I suggest installing the latest version of WMP that is appropriate for your operating system. I suggest doing this even if you already have the latest one installed; sometimes reinstalling it clears up strange WMP problems.

I figured it out. When my school district re-imaged the hdd and I reinstalled everything, for some reason the those two songs did not link correctly. I checked the media file and changed it to the "sequence only" wav file and it worked.