Light-O-Rama Forums

Sampling Rate Error

tbernier

Just upgraded to v3, including SuperStar, but am having some difficulty with the use of SuperStar. I downloaded a song and then attempted to use it in an Instant Sequence, but when I click on "Open Audio File", at the end of the process it gives me the following error message.

Error: The audio file sampling rate is 48000. A wave file with the standard sampling rate of 44,100 is required.

Is there any way to handle this error on the LOR side, or do I really need to find a way when downloading/converting my file to do so with a sampling rate of 44,100.

Getting the same error (Error: The audio file sampling rate is 48000. A wave file with the standard sampling rate of 44,100 is required) when I try to open a MP3 file to auto sequence. Do I need to convert all MP3's to wav? Have tried loading using Ctrl-I and also load thru edit, but still get the same message. Please help.

Pardon my ignorance but how would I use Audacity to modify the sampling rate? I have opened my file in Audacity and found a Sampling Rate setting under Preferences, but it already said 41,000 and no matter what I try, the exported version continues to report the same error that it has a sampling rate of 48000. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

UPDATE: Disregard this post...I figured it out!!! Found a couple different places where you needed to set the sample rate for the project, save and then export, and it worked just fine. Thanks everyone for the input re: use of Audacity.