Light-O-Rama Forums

Net Lights - Ideas?

Linda McDonald

I have several LED net lights that I used to cover a small maple tree last year. We no longer have the maple tree or any bushes that I could use the net lights on.

Has anyone used net lights to for any purpose other than on trees or bushes?

Pictures, videos, etc. would be awesome. I have 2 channels left.

Thanks,

Linda

wrap them on the Spouse/kids and make them stand out in the yard while the show plays....or make another tomato cage tree and wrap it around it?

wrap them on the Spouse/kids and make them stand out in the yard while the show plays....or make another tomato cage tree and wrap it around it?

I sewed about thirty nets into a patchwork quilt on the roof. For the past few years I have outlined the roof and then noticed the big black void in the middle. the nets now add a lot of interest (i.e., blinking color) to the void.

Kent

Netlights on the roof sounds really cool and I love the barrier.

I've got a question for everyone.

I have 2 netlights where half the net is out.

Any ideas before I send them back?

Here is my house back in 2009. I covered the lawn to look like snow. Now I have a smaller front yard so instead of a single layer of lights I have it doubled up.

2009.JPG

David,

Just had the same problem. I stated wiggling the wires into the "dead" lights and found a loose wire. Pushed it in and had a full net again. Also, make sure the bulbs are fully seated. All my lights are LED sealed, but the net lights are LED with push in lights. Just my 2 cents worth.

Linda McDonald wrote:

I have several LED net lights that I used to cover a small maple tree last year. We no longer have the maple tree or any bushes that I could use the net lights on.

Has anyone used net lights to for any purpose other than on trees or bushes?

Pictures, videos, etc. would be awesome. I have 2 channels left.

Thanks,

Linda

Although I liked the idea of wrapping the spouse and kids... But I have used them on walls of the outside of the house; covered the roof; laid them on the ground under armatures of dolphins (blue for water); polar bears (white for snow), you get the idea. It all depends on how many you have, and what you want to cover. Windows would be great too. You can also create small Christmas trees by wrapping the nets around a pole and fan the bottom. Good luck!

• 1 month later...

Does anyone place different color nets on top of each other? I want to use RGB on a porch roof and lay each net on top of each other. Don't want the net on the bottom to appear covered up. Anyone know if this is a problem?

Also, I like the ease of net lights (my screen name is Slacker). Any reason not to use net lights in different areas?

I lay my static nets on the ground (in front of the shrubs and porch and down the driveway a bit) underneath the candy canes & stars pathway markers. Kinda simulates snow under them. I have one net that twinkles and it looks really pretty just laying under the azalea bush.

James George wrote:

I lay my static nets on the ground (in front of the shrubs and porch and down the driveway a bit) underneath the candy canes & stars pathway markers. Kinda simulates snow under them. I have one net that twinkles and it looks really pretty just laying under the azalea bush.

James...do you have a picture or video of this? Would be interested..IN florida, some simulated snow might be3 a nice addon next year

TJ Hvasta wrote:

Slacker, I have four nets, RGBW, layered on my bushes, plugged into respective colors of my MegaTree..

TJ, so your nets and mega trees are running off the same channels? Or are they completely seperate controllers that just tend to "blink" at the same time?

I made four frames of electrical conduit and put four colors of net lights in each one, on different circuits.

Slid them over rebar driven in the ground and they work great at filling any dark areas in the front yard. Each is 8 feet tall, 4 feet wide with the standard 4x6 net lights attached with zip ties.