Light-O-Rama Forums

Maximum musical sequence length

WhitePlainsNY

Due to my inattention on how long I made a Virtual Santa video. I accidently made the musical sequence using the video and it was 1 hour, 40 minutes long.:shock: I didn't notice it until I checked the Status Log File after test running the show.

Just how long can a single musical sequence be?

Which software version are you using?

S3 3.1.0 I belive fixed a bug and now allows a longer sequence to be used.

Try to run yours and see what happens, then you will know if it will work.

I'm running 3.1.2 and the sequence runs just fine...that was my problem. It let me create a very long sequence without realizing it. My question is just how long can a sequence be?

With the possible exception of shows run from an SD card or downloaded to a standalone controller (which I'm not totally familiar with off the top of my head), LOR does not impose a maximum size to any sequence. There certainly is some maximum size, but it's imposed by Windows, or Windows Media Player, or your computer's available memory, or the total number of ways that 32 toggle switches can collectively be positioned, or something like that.

The bug that JBullard mentioned was not related to this - rather, it was related to the maximum audio file size that LOR could successfully use the Beat Wizard, VU Wizard, or Waveform Display on. Again, it wasn't a strict limit; it depended on your computer. Generally speaking, people seemed to have problems with audio files that were about half an hour long or longer. You could still use them in LOR, just not in the Beat Wizard and such. And (as JBullard also mentioned) the bug is fixed as of version 3.1.

OK, a little quick calculation just for curiousity's sake shows that LOR will definitely screw up if your audio file is at least 249 days long.

It will probably screw up long before that, but at 249 days or longer, it will definitely screw up.