Light-O-Rama Forums

Another Weird Problem, Again

Guest Guest

Guest wbottomley

The ELL's are great but I discovered a problem tonight. When I run a sequence, the garage door opens and closes along with the cordless phone turning on and calling 911. I found one channel that stopped the problem but now my neighbor's touch lamps turns off and on.

Anyone heard of this before?

The garage door issue is documented. There's a reset button on the bottom that will stop that. The cordless phones must be smart phones because they've obviously seen some of your sequencing and calling 911 seems to be the best option. Your neighbor is weird and playing with his lamps while sitting alone in the dark. That's not related to the ELLs except when they're used the subsequent flashing of the lights are what sets him off rubbing his lamp.

evan.a wrote:

I had to hard wire mine. my dog collar kept zapping my dogs. it kinda was funny watching them dance to the lights.

Any video? LOL

some where, got to find it. but I learned about gfci my 1st year. when my dogs was zapped when he peeied on my mini's tree's. he ran and tinkled all the way in.

see if the video loads. took a little for the effects to wear off

I have you all beat. Two years ago and old guy fell down and started break dancing to my Funky Christmas sequence. Everyone was cheering and clapping. I mean he stole the show. That is until we found out I fried his pacemaker. He was 76. :D

I know some of you may have no other option, but this is yet another reason why I don't use the ELL's. We all have so many wireless devices that there's no telling what can go wrong. I've never heard of this happening because I don't use the ELL's.

Well, that explains it - we noticed lately the flights headed for the local airport were flying right over head and quite low I might add, and we only noticed it during the fog. The local news reported that the IFR signals were scrambled some how.

So where was that reset button - hmm.. Honey, answer the door - and who turned on all my strobes out front - oh those aren't MY strobes - I didn't think I had any blue strobes......

Maxslights wrote:

I know some of you may have no other option, but this is yet another reason why I don't use the ELL's. We all have so many wireless devices that there's no telling what can go wrong. I've never heard of this happening because I don't use the ELL's.

First catch of the thread...:):D

And yes, to Evan's point, if you don't hardwire the ELLs with cat-5, you'll have these issues.

Attached files 280754=15579-bucket o fish.jpg

DonFL wrote:

Maxslights wrote:

First catch of the thread...:P:D

And yes, to Evan's point, if you don't hardwire the ELLs with cat-5, you'll have these issues.

That picture nicely captures William's thread! :D:D

William +100 :dude:

wbottomley wrote:

I wonder how many believed me?

Looks like just one. I'm thinking these waters might just be fished out, even with the newbie influx this time of year. You've had a busy year and your credibility is probably lower than Obama's approval numbers these days.

George Simmons wrote:

wbottomley wrote:
I wonder how many believed me?

Looks like just one. I'm thinking these waters might just be fished out, even with the newbie influx this time of year. You've had a busy year and your credibility is probably lower than Obama's approval numbers these days.

That would be below zero in our neck of the woods!

Jeff Millard wrote:

Or maybe you've got some of the Rick Perry/Herman Cain short term memory loss and can't recall all the funny &h!t you usually post...

Give a guy a break, wood'ja? :P Even Johnny Carson spewed forth clunkers every now and then. Maybe this was one of my 'thens"... :D

Regarding your signature, I agree completely.

Well you could use an old radio trick. Antenna that are 180 deg out of phase cause less cross interference. (polarizing) I run my ELLs in the windows to connect my CCRs to the show. The antenna is pointing down instead of up and have not had any issues. (connectivity or otherwise)

Currently running 11 CCRs connected to 9 ELLs! :)

Take Care
M.