Light-O-Rama Forums

GE Color effects lighting G-35

skooter_3

skooter_3 wrote:

I was wondering if anyone could tell me just how well you can control these lights with the S3 software before I spend the extra cash to outline my home in these lights.

If you are only asking about the S3 software, it does quite well outputting in DMX mode.

However, a standard LOR controller can NOT be used.

You need E681 controllers from SanDevices, they can accept the DMX in from LOR S3 software, and output the RGB protocol that will control the GE Color Effects strings

I'm curious, are these the same color changing RGB lights I'm seeing for Sale like at Lowes and Home Depot? I was just there today and was wondering about these lights that have their "own controller" to set the color, sequence options, etc. and was wondering myself if these could be controlled somehow with a LOR Controller or if there was a way to independantly control the RGB lights on these strings.

Just know they were called G35 lights. So was wondering if this is what you folks are talking about?

Thanks.

Hmmm, may have to think about getting some of these now. That is after I see what that E681 is going to cost. Not familiar with it, so guess it's time to go and try and locate the site and see how it works and how I can interface it.

Ken Benedict wrote:

That link was posted here quite a few times last year, and many of us followed his blog there and the contibuting work of others in signal analysis on the DIY forums.

The E681 Universal Pixel Controller supports LPD6803, WS2801, TM1803, TM1804, TM1809, TLS3001, 1 wire native DMX, and the GE Color Effects pixels.

Current pricing is DIY kit approx $120, assembled and tested $200.

It works best with an E1.31 signal

JBullard wrote:

Ken Benedict wrote:

That link was posted here quite a few times last year, and many of us followed his blog there and the contibuting work of others in signal analysis on the DIY forums.

The E681 Universal Pixel Controller supports LPD6803, WS2801, TM1803, TM1804, TM1809, TLS3001, 1 wire native DMX, and the GE Color Effects pixels.

Current pricing is DIY kit approx $120, assembled and tested $200.

It works best with an E1.31 signal

So, how does it work with the DMX adapters the S3 supports?

• 1 month later...

skooter_3 wrote:

So has ne1 tried using the S3 software with the E681 Pixel controller to control the G-35 lights? Do you additionally need the iDMX1000 interface?

I do not have any of those lights.

The iDMX1000 interface is NOT necessary for the E681 Pixel controller.

I thought you were going to do it, when you asked what you needed back on Nov 8

Guest Don Gillespie

wbottomley wrote:

John, I'm hacking a set now and will post the results when I'm finished.

Off to order the pixel controller.

LOR needs to get on top of the E1.31 (ACN) support.

William are you and John saying we can use these lights and controll the colors with LOR I want to be clear on the concept before any purchases are made.

Guest Don Gillespie

wbottomley wrote:

At this point, no unless there's a workaround I don't know about.

LOR will need to include support for E1.31.

I think I will go a different route for a matrix.

Thanks at this point and time I would think LOR will try to incorperate the CCBs that they have been working on since last years announcments that a lot of us have been waiting on and yes I know it may never come to light but at least a guy can hope LOL

Well due to the pricing of the lights, I decided to wait until after Christmas to purchase the lights. I purchased 5 strands with 36 LEDS per strand for 200. All I need now is the E681, I guess.