Light-O-Rama Forums

CCB Release Date

Coop

jimswinder wrote:

JBullard wrote:
.Heck, I'm still waiting on LOR to release the talked about Chime-O-Matic that was talked about several years ago

you can get one of these on eBay.... :P

Jim, as I sit here in my office, I am looking at Santa's Marching band, that is on top of the edge front of my desk!

They were $99 when released. Their sound is great, as these are actually tuned bells, not electronic synthesized imitations. The problem is they can be heard anywhere on my floor, as there is no way to cut down their volume, without dampening the bells, which I don't want to do.

Now back to the thread's topic....

Greg Young wrote:

Jim, as I sit here in my office, I am looking at Santa's Marching band, that is on top of the edge front of my desk

yep..I bought one way back when also...

just the other day my son (28 years old) was complaining that his mom had gotten rid of it and how much he liked it..'

so got on eBay and bought him one for his birthday (Dec. 5th)... :P

Gizmokr: I dont think you can say "I understand the supply chain problem" and in the next breath " LOR should have been updating the customer" You have obviously never had to deal with that type of supply issue.

Gizmokr: I have a job where people frequently call me all day long to ask if im done yet, and what I will be working on next - guess what, answering those calls and questions make it really hard to DO MY JOB.

Coop: I deal with supply/customer issues on a daily basis however your personal experiences/issues/frustrations at your job have nothing to do with how LOR conducts its business. We all have issues that we must overcome on a daily bases at our place of business, thats why its called work.

G: I have no doubt LOR is hounding the supplier, and every day the supplier responds "not yet, but soon" are you really saying that your expectation is for someone to stop any work they COULD have been dooing each day, and make a post to the pdu page or send an email to say "Hi everyone, the news is, we dont have any news, but we think really soon" what good does that do ? because that is exactly the way these things happen.

G: You cant complain about the availability of a product you ASSUMED would be released never came to be.

C: I expect that when a product is demonstrated at the Christmas Expo in July that it will be available by the Holiday season. If there is no plan for the product to be available or there is a delay I expect to be notified.

G: Furthermore - there are plenty of CCB alternatives. Many posts have been made about LED Pixels, and Pixel controllers. The product is out there, some even using the same components as the CCR's. If you read 2 or 3 posts about RGB LED Pixel strings, instead of 10 posts about how mad and frustrated you are...

C: I dont want any alternatives

G: I talked to Dan during the pro decore expo, he made several statments about the CCB - and they were very open ended. I knew there was no guarentee. I bought 6803 pixel strings and controllers, and made my own CCB's.

C: Great information. If it would have been an official statement made to the customer!

G: I'm not mad at all, and I'll still buy CCB's whenever they are released

c: I'm not mad I'm frustrated and I will still probably buy the CCB. If/when they are available

• The topic was locked