Light-O-Rama Forums

I think I am missing something simple.

Guest guest

I think I am missing something simple.

I tapped out a sequence, went through and highlighted the boxes when I wanted lights on and it plays through the editor but no lights blink. I can load a sample and when it plays the lights blink perfectly and the shared squence I got from digardino (spelling?) works perfectly but mine doesn't.

Can someone walk me through how to make a sequence?

Sounds to me that you have not added your channel in. They do not automatically set themselves. Andy just right click on a channel, and then set for lor board, and the box 1, and channel 1. Next a box will pop up and say number next channels and then ask 6, 8, or 16 channels. For you just press 16 channels. Then make sure in the box at top control lights is checked. You should them be set.

Attached files 10640=651-SkyBox_Kentucky_Basketball.gif

Steve, you are a genius, pure genius. Next time I see you, I am buying yo a bolgna sandwhich or similar gourmet delight.

I got cold and tired so I only ran eight of the sixteen extension cords but the dancing man dances and the mega tree megas or whatever it is that a mega tree does.

You guys need to get more sleep!

thanks

Sleep whats that?? Glad I could help. I have made that mistake 1 too many times. Didn't know what I was doing wrong, and then DUH. lol Hey andy, now you have just as many channels as I do, so how does it feel?? lol I cannot wait for next year when I can make my display REALLY cool with at least 96 channels. This year is ok, but I cannot do all the effects I want, and have to have too many things hooked together. Oh well, that is why there is always next year.:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Attached files 10647=653-SkyBox_Kentucky_Basketball.gif

All I have is on/off. I haven't tried any fading or other cool effects. The LOR just showed up yesterday and I figure if I get it working with minimal lights etc.,that will a pretty good start.

I know, you want to show up that other guy off of Mile of Sunshine so the TV people will come to your house also!

Andy,

You are kind of doing the same thing im doing! I started programming simple, like half second timmings and few effects on mt first song, now I can do 1/4 sec timmings with everything! I also noticed that you may nto be purposly doing this but you will think off new fades, chases and flicks with out knowing it! Great Start! Good Luck ON Your Display!

--Daniel L

WEll that guys name is Louie, and Aaron Bott is helping him with that display, and they are members here as well. It would be nice to at least a few people know about our display, but not a necessity. I had not even seen the display on tv yet, but I know that Louie has several tv contacts. His display is very nice, and alot of the sequences were done by the Master himself, darryl brown. We went by their house tonight and stayed for a while, and really enjoyed it. I think I have done pretty well with 16 channels while Louie and Aaron are working with 160 channels so basically 10 times what I have. I am just happy that there are MORE LOR users in the area now INCLUDING yourself. I came across a part in the courier journal that gave my address and also said that is looks like they will be doing a story in the neighborhood section on Wednesday about Louie's display so I am SURE the traffic will get MUCH worse. I love the court that the house is in though because EVERYONE is decorated. AS you remember there were not too many decoarated in my neighborhood. I am hoping one day to live in a neighborhood where EVERYONE decorates. I def want to get directions to your place again andy and come see your creation. Looks like we are getting enough people around here for a mini plus!!!!!!!

I-65 to 10th St/HWY 62 in Jeffersonville. turn left at the stoplight just after the Sonic drive-in (Sportsmen drive) First right on Ridgeway, then right on Ruck, the left on Nina. We live at the end of Nina.

1610 Northaven drive

I have been just playing it through the sequence editor but tonight (opefully) it will start on its own and run a show.

don't expect a giant display and my tapping skills need some work but I really like my dancing man.