Light-O-Rama Forums

Yet another upgrade question

RickWIlliams

Sorry for another question regarding upgrades.

OK, So I currently have 2.9.4 Adv, I would like to get to 3.x, but I know I will be using CCR's in the near future.

My confusion is at the purchase page for Super Star, it states: S3 Software Suite is required to use this product. This is an add-on to S3!

So, If I have the S3 Demo, and I purchase the Super Star license, will this take care of the licensing for S3 also?

Thanks in advance,
-Rick-

Just to clarify a potential issue for people who may read this thread in the future:

Purchasing a SuperStar license counts as a renewal for your, um, rest-of-LOR license. It does not count as a purchase of a rest-of-LOR license.

So what's described in the comments above is good if you already have a rest-of-LOR license, but not if you don't.

Boy, do I get confused easily now a-days.

Sorry, I'm sure this is about the thousandth time you explained this.

I'm hoping I did the right thing here:
1) I already had 2.9.4 Adv and licensed.
2) I purchased a Super Star License (not an upgrade)
3) Downloaded 3.x and installed.

Once 3.x was installed, I was prompted for a new key, I entered the key provided by LOR at the time of purchase(Same key # provided for previous ver.)and the sequencer now shows v3.1.2 Advanced, registered to me and my license key, So........I'm guessing i'm good?

Since I was licensed already on the previous version of the LOR software, and purchased the Super Star License......am I good?

Or will I get a licensing message when I try to run a show?

Thanks for your help Bob.
-Rick-

1) what you describe should be all correct.

2) all the license check is done when you put in the key. As long as sequence editor thinks it is advanced now, you will be good to go for the show.

RickWIlliams wrote:

Boy, do I get confused easily now a-days.

Sorry, I'm sure this is about the thousandth time you explained this.

I'm hoping I did the right thing here:
1) I already had 2.9.4 Adv and licensed.
2) I purchased a Super Star License (not an upgrade)
3) Downloaded 3.x and installed.

Once 3.x was installed, I was prompted for a new key, I entered the key provided by LOR at the time of purchase(Same key # provided for previous ver.)and the sequencer now shows v3.1.2 Advanced, registered to me and my license key, So........I'm guessing i'm good?

Since I was licensed already on the previous version of the LOR software, and purchased the Super Star License......am I good?

Or will I get a licensing message when I try to run a show?

Thanks for your help Bob.
-Rick-

Agree, you're good. I think Bob was just wanting to clarify that one had to have the LOR software in the first place (which you did) in order to renew it by just buying a SuperStar license. The words "upgrade" and "renewal" imply that, but I think Bob just wanted to clarify that (though I suspected it would add more confusion to you :)).

You can further confirm this for yourself by seeing what your license includes by looking it up online: http://www.lightorama.com/LicenseRetrieval.html