Light-O-Rama Forums

Help; Can Not Cut/Paste - Encrypted

BaldEagleChristmas

I'm trying to cut/paste within a sequence and I get the error "Cannot Cut - Data from an encrypted sequence cannot be copied except on the originating computer" I think I've run into this before. I Have upgraded computers. Also, I started with a Basic License and now have upgraded to Standard. Can I send my sequence in to have it un-encrypted to restore full functionality?

This indicates that the sequence was created (or modified) on some other computer, and that other computer was running the demo version of the software.

To get around this, activate your license on that other computer, and then resave the sequence on it. It should then be fine from there on out.

If you no longer have access to that other computer, send me (bob@lightorama.com) the sequence, clearly indicating what this is in reference to, and I'll send you back another version of it which won't have this issue.

Thank you, I'll send it to you. I've never used the demo version but was told that sequences created with older basic versions were encrypted, which is how I think I got to where I am now.

Bob, THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your prompt attention and fixing of my problem. The unencrypted sequence you sent me seems to work just fine! The speed of your respnse is amazing and I do truly appreciate it! The only problem now is that I have one less excuse for finishing the project I had actually planned for Last Year.

Thanks again!