Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR 1.6.0

Guest guest

LightORama wrote:

tfischer wrote:
Can someone please confirm (or not) that files done with 1.6.1 are backward compatible to 1.5.0?

I'm not sure I want to change my 'live' computer, but would like to play with the new sequence editor.

-Tim

1.6.1 is totally compatible with 1.5.0.... There are absolutely no changes in the sequence files.

1.6.1 I feel like I just got an early Christmas present..*Grin*

I love the visualzation of the music!!!

I get that message too, but it is only when I don't have the serial port adapter connected to the computer. When the computer is connected to the controllers, everything works as advertised. I think it is just telling you that you can't control lights because your connection to the boxes is missing.

Watch out for the Hardware utility! It says it is 1.6.1 but it when you download it it is called HardwareUtility1_5_10.exe and it does install 1.5.10 of the utility. The 1.6.1 is included in the full install but if you were looking just for the hardware utility you might want to wait and see if they post the 1.6.1 version.

It will update the existing version so there is no need to un-install the existing program, but it won't overwrite the existing sequences and audio. Though I make a copy of them before upgrading just in case. :}

rickharp wrote:

[align=center]Latest firmware requires updated Hardware Utility below (updated 11/16/06)[/align]

[align=left]CTB16DV5_Blue_v4.01.lhx appears to be the same firmware that was there 3-4 weeks ago. if my utility says i have 4.01, i'll assume its the most recent, right?[/align]

[align=left] [/align]

That is latest firmware that I have seen.

Daniel wrote:

Thanks, and can I take my schedual file from 1.5 to 1.6.1? The weeksched.***?

Thanks!

--Daniel L

Mine seem to have migrated fine, but mine are really simple. They only have a startup sequence and musical sequences in them.

kingsislandtechservices wrote:

dan after installing i got this message

That is a new message in the Sequence Editor. Most likely you have a USB adapter and it s not plugged into the PC.... You do not need to plug it in. Just click through the warning message.

However, if you do not use USB then your LOR configuration may be messed up and that is the reason for the message.

In the past, the sequence editor would startup and just ignore that message. However while you were working with it and playing sequences, the Sequence Editor was constantly trying to open that port and thus causing hesitation in play. Now it will disable the control of lights automatically (with the warning message)... In the future we will allow you to disable the message but will still disable control lights if you do not have a valid port.

Installation success on 2 machines with LOR demo pre-installed and removed.

I removed the demo before installing the downloaded version of LORInstall5A13.exe. Then installed 1.6. 1.6 installed and funcioned correctly. Then LORUpgrade161.exe came out. I just installed LORUpgrade161.exe over 1.6 and it functions correctly. I have an odd install as the software is on drive F:, I had to tell the installer twice where to put the software and had to beat the scheduler into knowing where the software was installed. It appears maybe the Windows registry storage model is getting confused as usual......

I am using the scheduler to play music and Windows scheduled tasks to turn on the lights and sound to midi>light recognition as I do not have the LOR hardware yet. Tonight will tell if the LOR schedule goes as expected.

Jerry

I just wanted to jump in here and tell Dan THANK YOU!!!... I downloaded 1.6.0 this morning and started a new sequence. I've coded as much in the past hour and a half as what it would have taken me 8 hours before. I LOVE THE WAVEFORM.. makes it so much easier to hit the mark where it needs it.

Brad Bilger wrote:

I just wanted to jump in here and tell Dan THANK YOU!!!... I downloaded 1.6.0 this morning and started a new sequence. I've coded as much in the past hour and a half as what it would have taken me 8 hours before. I LOVE THE WAVEFORM.. makes it so much easier to hit the mark where it needs it.

Great point, Dan, THANK YOU BIG TIME! Same here, I have a sequence I have been working on for two weeks, I finished it in one hour this morning and feel a lot better about the timing, I had to go through and adjust most of my events to correct my previous timing but it was a whole lot easier with the Waveform.

Hmmm, I may have to go re-edit all of my sequences. :waycool:

• 4 weeks later...

I am having trouble with set up. I downloaded 6.1. I start the install process and I receive a message that says my system files are out of date and to click OK and restart the computer. The message says that the system files will be updated. I do that and get the same message.

I have LOR 1.5.0 running now.

If you could help, I would appreciate it.

Michael B

Michael B wrote:

I am having trouble with set up. I downloaded 6.1. I start the install process and I receive a message that says my system files are out of date and to click OK and restart the computer. The message says that the system files will be updated. I do that and get the same message.

Michael B

I had this same issue when installing on a Windows 2000 machine. The following steps worked for me:
1. Move the LOR install file to your desktop.
2. STOP ALL APPLICATIONS RUNNING. stop everything you can find, stop things on the system tray......
3. Then run the installer. It may take two tries because you have to load a system file. The first time requires a reboot to get the system file in. The second time should not require a reboot.
Hope this works for you.

Mark

LightORama wrote:

kingsislandtechservices wrote:
dan after installing i got this message

That is a new message in the Sequence Editor. Most likely you have a USB adapter and it s not plugged into the PC.... You do not need to plug it in. Just click through the warning message.

However, if you do not use USB then your LOR configuration may be messed up and that is the reason for the message.

In the past, the sequence editor would startup and just ignore that message. However while you were working with it and playing sequences, the Sequence Editor was constantly trying to open that port and thus causing hesitation in play. Now it will disable the control of lights automatically (with the warning message)... In the future we will allow you to disable the message but will still disable control lights if you do not have a valid port.

If you have your show in a schedule, I have found you need to disable shows if you plan on controlling lights. If you just want to do some editing, your fine. I like this feature personally.

msteele wrote:

Michael B wrote:

Michael B

I had this same issue when installing on a Windows 2000 machine. The following steps worked for me:
1. Move the LOR install file to your desktop.
2. STOP ALL APPLICATIONS RUNNING. stop everything you can find, stop things on the system tray......
3. Then run the installer. It may take two tries because you have to load a system file. The first time requires a reboot to get the system file in. The second time should not require a reboot.
Hope this works for you.

Mark

Mark,

Or anyone else.

I have my LOR install file on my desktop.

I had nothing running, but I don't know how to stop things on the system tray. Could someone help this ignorant fool?

I tried to install three times.

Michael B