Jump to content
Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

LOR 1.6.0

Recommended Posts

Guest guest

jleeper wrote:

:tree: I am a newbe.... with a 4 day old working 16 channel LOR system... Can some one point me to a site where I can download more sequences and accompaning music. I have the 5 songs kit from LOR... looking for more...

Thanks



Jim


Hi Jim,

Not to state the obvious, but you can have any sequence you want... just start clickin' in that Editor! :)

Oh, and share your best ones with lorsequences.com!

Have fun!

Charlie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

LightORamaJohn wrote:

1.6.0 has a serious scheduler bug. Wait for the fix.


John,

Ballpark... hours? Days? Weeks?

What about using the "buggy" version for editing/creating sequences, but running 1.5 on the show pc?

Thanks,
Charlie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

I am guessing the release of 1.6.1 is to fix the scheduler problem. Why else would they make another release so soon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

Ed wrote:

dgiordano wrote:
Here is my registry key for LOR, change the extension to .reg instead of .txt and you should be able to import it and then install the 1.6.0 update.


Tried the reg hack, still get the same error:{

Ed

Anyone figure out why it won't install on an existing full install?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

mb323 wrote:

Ed wrote:
dgiordano wrote:
Here is my registry key for LOR, change the extension to .reg instead of .txt and you should be able to import it and then install the 1.6.0 update.


Tried the reg hack, still get the same error:{

Ed

Anyone figure out why it won't install on an existing full install?

It worked for me just now.......1.6.1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

Got it working, uninstalled both Light-O-Rama entries in my add remove programs (after making a backup of my sequences) then reinstalled the CD version, then ran the upgrade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

Can someone please confirm (or not) that files done with 1.6.1 are backward compatible to 1.5.0?

I'm not sure I want to change my 'live' computer, but would like to play with the new sequence editor.

-Tim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

I did not do a ton of testing made I saved a file with 1.6 and then opened it up with 1.5 just fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

RichardH wrote:

I did not do a ton of testing made I saved a file with 1.6 and then opened it up with 1.5 just fine.


Thanks!

-Tim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

tfischer wrote:

Can someone please confirm (or not) that files done with 1.6.1 are backward compatible to 1.5.0?

I'm not sure I want to change my 'live' computer, but would like to play with the new sequence editor.

-Tim

1.6.1 is totally compatible with 1.5.0.... There are absolutely no changes in the sequence files.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

dan after installing i got this message

Attached files 96810=5841-message.bmp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

LightORama wrote:

tfischer wrote:
Can someone please confirm (or not) that files done with 1.6.1 are backward compatible to 1.5.0?

I'm not sure I want to change my 'live' computer, but would like to play with the new sequence editor.

-Tim

1.6.1 is totally compatible with 1.5.0.... There are absolutely no changes in the sequence files.


1.6.1 I feel like I just got an early Christmas present..*Grin*

I love the visualzation of the music!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

I get that message too, but it is only when I don't have the serial port adapter connected to the computer. When the computer is connected to the controllers, everything works as advertised. I think it is just telling you that you can't control lights because your connection to the boxes is missing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

Watch out for the Hardware utility! It says it is 1.6.1 but it when you download it it is called HardwareUtility1_5_10.exe and it does install 1.5.10 of the utility. The 1.6.1 is included in the full install but if you were looking just for the hardware utility you might want to wait and see if they post the 1.6.1 version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

Will 1.6.1 overwirte 1.6.0?




--Daniel L

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

kingsislandtechservices wrote:

dan after installing i got this message

That is because you do not have your usb adapter plugged in. Plug it in and you will not have that message.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

It will update the existing version so there is no need to un-install the existing program, but it won't overwrite the existing sequences and audio. Though I make a copy of them before upgrading just in case. :}

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

Thanks, and can I take my schedual file from 1.5 to 1.6.1? The weeksched.***?





Thanks!



--Daniel L

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

[align=center]Latest firmware requires updated Hardware Utility below (updated 11/16/06)[/align]
[align=left]CTB16DV5_Blue_v4.01.lhx appears to be the same firmware that was there 3-4 weeks ago. if my utility says i have 4.01, i'll assume its the most recent, right?[/align]
[align=left] [/align]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

rickharp wrote:


[align=center]Latest firmware requires updated Hardware Utility below (updated 11/16/06)[/align]

[align=left]CTB16DV5_Blue_v4.01.lhx appears to be the same firmware that was there 3-4 weeks ago. if my utility says i have 4.01, i'll assume its the most recent, right?[/align]

[align=left] [/align]

That is latest firmware that I have seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

Daniel wrote:

Thanks, and can I take my schedual file from 1.5 to 1.6.1? The weeksched.***?





Thanks!



--Daniel L

Mine seem to have migrated fine, but mine are really simple. They only have a startup sequence and musical sequences in them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

kingsislandtechservices wrote:

dan after installing i got this message


That is a new message in the Sequence Editor. Most likely you have a USB adapter and it s not plugged into the PC.... You do not need to plug it in. Just click through the warning message.

However, if you do not use USB then your LOR configuration may be messed up and that is the reason for the message.

In the past, the sequence editor would startup and just ignore that message. However while you were working with it and playing sequences, the Sequence Editor was constantly trying to open that port and thus causing hesitation in play. Now it will disable the control of lights automatically (with the warning message)... In the future we will allow you to disable the message but will still disable control lights if you do not have a valid port.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

Installation success on 2 machines with LOR demo pre-installed and removed.

I removed the demo before installing the downloaded version of LORInstall5A13.exe. Then installed 1.6. 1.6 installed and funcioned correctly. Then LORUpgrade161.exe came out. I just installed LORUpgrade161.exe over 1.6 and it functions correctly. I have an odd install as the software is on drive F:, I had to tell the installer twice where to put the software and had to beat the scheduler into knowing where the software was installed. It appears maybe the Windows registry storage model is getting confused as usual......

I am using the scheduler to play music and Windows scheduled tasks to turn on the lights and sound to midi>light recognition as I do not have the LOR hardware yet. Tonight will tell if the LOR schedule goes as expected.

Jerry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

I just wanted to jump in here and tell Dan THANK YOU!!!... I downloaded 1.6.0 this morning and started a new sequence. I've coded as much in the past hour and a half as what it would have taken me 8 hours before. I LOVE THE WAVEFORM.. makes it so much easier to hit the mark where it needs it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

Brad Bilger wrote:

I just wanted to jump in here and tell Dan THANK YOU!!!... I downloaded 1.6.0 this morning and started a new sequence. I've coded as much in the past hour and a half as what it would have taken me 8 hours before. I LOVE THE WAVEFORM.. makes it so much easier to hit the mark where it needs it.


Great point, Dan, THANK YOU BIG TIME! Same here, I have a sequence I have been working on for two weeks, I finished it in one hour this morning and feel a lot better about the timing, I had to go through and adjust most of my events to correct my previous timing but it was a whole lot easier with the Waveform.

Hmmm, I may have to go re-edit all of my sequences. :waycool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...