Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR 1.6.0

Guest guest

I am new to LOR, don't even have my LOR hardware yet, my "show" is running on home built MIDI > triac cards 24 channels currently. One plus for using MIDI is it has the ability to auto-sync to any music, LOR it would be very cool to see that feature.

LOR 1.6 and the new wave form view is a big plus to me. I finished my first sequence, thought I would try wizards in winter, it is difficult as a first try but the animation looks pretty good, a bit rough here and there but if the real display which is wired and readdy for LOR looks as good, I will be thrilled.

Now if I just had my hardware, I ordered way to late :)

Jerry

rsingletary wrote:

circus4u wrote:
Daniel wrote:
My help file is still talking about whats new in version 1.4 which is wierd because I started with 1.5!

--Daniel L

Daniel,

I think that the Version 1.4 is an error; these features were not in 1.5 and are new to 1.6.

I didn't copy the graphic, but these are the new items in 1.6

Denny

Time Scale

Copy and Paste Timings

Animation Saved in Channel Configuration Export

Right-Click in Animator Now Erases

Duration in Status Bar

Play Again

Several Zoom Improvements

Delete Selected Events

Animator Efficiency

Manual Stop Stays in Position

Program’s Main Window Remembers Its Position

Bug Fixes, Internal Improvements

I can't speak to all of these but, weren't some of these features available with 1.5? I don't think all of these are new features for 1.6 .

Roger.

I think so also... Above I marked what I think is the old stuff, what I marked are the features I know 1.5 had.

--DanieL L

I would say the installation is looking for a registry entry, I am guessing in this section:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareLight-O-RamaShared]
"AudioPath"="C:Program FilesLight-O-RamaAudio"
"NonAudioPath"="C:Program FilesLight-O-RamaSequences"
"AppPath"="C:Program FilesLight-O-Rama"
"Reset"=dword:00000000
"PostInstall"=dword:00000001
"PostInstallVer"=dword:00000001

CAUTION: Changing registry entries can cause problems if not done properly.
Here is my registry key for LOR, change the extension to .reg instead of .txt and you should be able to import it and then install the 1.6.0 update.

Attached files Lor.txt

I tried to download LOR 1.6 from the link provided above and got an error mesage saying I don't have the full version of LOR 1.5 installed.

I reinstalled LOR 1.5 from the CD and still got the same error message.

Wonder if this install error is why LOR 1.6 is on hold.

Any one else seen this error message or been able to install LOR 1.6?

mrdavis wrote:

I tried to download LOR 1.6 from the link provided above and got an error mesage saying I don't have the full version of LOR 1.5 installed.

A few people have seen that problem, I posted a registry hack that may work. Check post above. I believe the update is looking for a registry entry to validate the existing install. I would be interested in seeing if the key exists in the registry currently, versus the location in the reg file.

RichardH wrote:

zman wrote:
Dumb question, but this is not what they were calling LORII was it? It is just a patch to the existing version.

No this is not LORII - It was just a patch update but they threw in the waveforum for fun!

The Waveform is a really nice. I started sequencing a Piano Solo last night and this helps a ton!

Way to go LOR Team!

I SECOND THAT!!! Way to go LOR team!!!!

You guys make me wanna buy more stuff from ya..LOL.

dgiordano wrote:

mrdavis wrote:

A few people have seen that problem, I posted a registry hack that may work. Check post above. I believe the update is looking for a registry entry to validate the existing install. I would be interested in seeing if the key exists in the registry currently, versus the location in the reg file.

What key? I can do a quick search on my 98se registry with 1.5 or on Xp with the new 1.6.

--Daniel L

I get /users/admin/desktop/88ljtpgt.exe could not be saved because you cannot change the contents of that folder.

I did try the link before. Anyways, I'm on a mac now. I don't have much experience on mac, but i know they dont' play well with .exe. I thought i'd be able to save the file though. I'll have to try it later from my PC. Hopefully, they won't move the file somewhere else.