Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR 1.6.0

Guest guest

Ok, couple questions. I downloaded the upgrade, rebooted computer. And my sequence editor buttons still do not look like those, and how do you get the wave form on there, do you need to make a new LMS? Thanks

Daniel wrote:

Dan,

Could you make a list of everything diffrent? I see the sequence editor has a new look, I know you had said that their is a few "Code" unnoticable changes. Anything else?

--Daniel L

Daniel,

Go to the Help file and click on What's New. I think you will find the answer to your question there.

Denny

Ok, I go to install upgrade and I get an error message saying full version is not loaded. I am and have been using the full version. Should I save work, unload and reload full version? To get upgrade to load and work.

Scottsgrfx wrote:

Ok, I go to install upgrade and I get an error message saying full version is not loaded. I am and have been using the full version. Should I save work, unload and reload full version? To get upgrade to load and work.

I'd guess that you had the demo installed first, and that the upgrade is seeing something, somewhere that's telling it you are not running a full version.

Did you install the full version of LOR into a different directory? If so, the 1.6.0 might be trying to go to a default directory, which may very well be where the demo version is.

Saving your sequences and trying an uninstall/reinstall might not be a bad idea. Though, if you don't rid yourself of the demo remnants, then you'll still run into the problem.

Dan?

I'm having the same problem. It claims that I do not have the full version installed. Since I am running my shows nightly I don't know about uninstalling the 1.5 version. That could be a potential disaster.

I started with the demo version, installed 1.5 after I bought it without problems.
I did not alter the install location from it's default so, I don't understand what the problem would be.

Dan?????

Tim

I uninstalled and when I went back to creat my shows, everything was still there. I even went into add/remove programs to remove and uninstall. All my problems have been solved. and no problems with shows.

Daniel wrote:

My help file is still talking about whats new in version 1.4 which is wierd because I started with 1.5!

--Daniel L

Daniel,

I think that the Version 1.4 is an error; these features were not in 1.5 and are new to 1.6.

I didn't copy the graphic, but these are the new items in 1.6

Denny

Time Scale

At the top of each sequence, a time scale is (optionally) displayed. Also, during play, the button to the left of this sequence now displays the current time offset.

Whether the time scale is displayed or not for any particular sequence can be controlled via the View menu, or via a button on the toolbar. It can be turned on or off by default using the Display Preferences submenu of the Edit menu.

Copy and Paste Timings

You can now copy and paste timings – that is, make new events that use the same amounts of time as some existing events.

To copy a set of timings, select the range of events you want to copy, and then copy them in one of three ways:

· Select “Copy Timing” from the Edit menu.

· Select “Copy Timing” from the right-click context menu.

· Using the keyboard, hold the “Shift” key and simultaneously hit the “Delete” (or “Del”) key.

Once those timings are copied, you can paste them in one of several ways:

· Via the right-click context menu:

o “Paste timing at (the centisecond that was right-clicked)”;

o “Paste timing at …”, which brings up a dialog box asking the centisecond to start paste to (defaulting to the centisecond that was right-clicked);

o “Paste timing multiple”, which is similar, but also asks how many times you would like to paste the timings consecutively, or if you wish to keep pasting them through to the end of the file.

· Via the Edit menu, using “Paste Timing”. This is the same as the right-click menu’s “Paste timing multiple”, except that the starting centisecond defaults to the start of the current selection, rather than the right-clicked centisecond.

· Using the keyboard, hold the “Shift” key and simultaneously hit the “Insert” (or “Ins”) key. This is the same as “Paste Timing” from the Edit menu.

Animation Saved in Channel Configuration Export

When a sequence’s channel configuration is saved (using “Export Channel Configuration” from the Edit menu), the sequence’s animation is saved along with it. When the channel configuration is later imported into another sequence (using “Import Channel Configuration” from the Edit menu), the user is given the option to import the animation as well.

Right-Click in Animator Now Erases

The right mouse button can now be used to erase cells in the Animator.

Duration in Status Bar

The status bar (along the bottom of the Sequence Editor) now shows not only the total time and the selected time range, but also the duration of the selected time range.

Play Again

You can now tell the Sequence Editor to “Play Again”. This causes it to play the last thing that you asked it to play, regardless of the current play settings. For example, if you choose a certain time range, with the play range set to “Selection”, the Sequence Editor will play that selection. After the play ends, you may fix some problem that you noticed, which causes the selected time range to change. If you wanted to play the same time range again, previously, you would have had to re-select that time range. Now, you can instead simply hit “Play Again”.

There are two ways to do this: Via the “Play Again” item of the Play menu, and via a new toolbar button.

Several Zoom Improvements

Several Zoom improvements have been made:

· The “Zoom In” and “Zoom Out” buttons on the toolbar have been replaced by individual buttons for “Zoom Channels In”, “Zoom Channels Out”, “Zoom Buttons In”, and “Zoom Buttons Out”.

· Preferred Zoom settings can now be saved or restored via the Zoom Preferences submenu of the Edit menu. The saved zoom preferences are used by default when opening or creating sequences.

· Keyboard shortcuts now exist to zoom in various directions: Alt-Up and Alt-Down to zoom channels in and out, and Alt-Left and Alt-Right to zoom time in and out. Also, Alt-Page Up and Alt-Page Down to go to the minimum or maximum channel zoom settings, and Alt-Home and Alt-End for the minimum and maximum time zoom settings.

Delete Selected Events

Several events can now be deleted at once, by selecting a range of events and choosing “Delete Selected Events” from the right-click context menu.

Animator Efficiency

The Animator has been made more efficient, using less CPU during play. This improves the jerkiness that was seen on some machines during play while the Animator window was open.

Manual Stop Stays in Position

When you manually stop a sequence (as opposed to letting it stop by reaching its end), the Sequence Editor now continues to display the screen that was being displayed when play was stopped.

Program’s Main Window Remembers Its Position

When you start the Sequence Editor, its main window is now opened in the same position that it was in the last time it was closed.

Bug Fixes, Internal Improvements

Several bug fixes and internal improvements have been made.

zman wrote:

Dumb question, but this is not what they were calling LORII was it? It is just a patch to the existing version.

No this is not LORII - It was just a patch update but they threw in the waveforum for fun!

The Waveform is a really nice. I started sequencing a Piano Solo last night and this helps a ton!

Way to go LOR Team!

circus4u wrote:

Daniel wrote:
My help file is still talking about whats new in version 1.4 which is wierd because I started with 1.5!

--Daniel L

Daniel,

I think that the Version 1.4 is an error; these features were not in 1.5 and are new to 1.6.

I didn't copy the graphic, but these are the new items in 1.6

Denny

Time Scale

Copy and Paste Timings

Animation Saved in Channel Configuration Export

Right-Click in Animator Now Erases

Duration in Status Bar

Play Again

Several Zoom Improvements

Delete Selected Events

Animator Efficiency

Manual Stop Stays in Position

Program’s Main Window Remembers Its Position

Bug Fixes, Internal Improvements

I can't speak to all of these but, weren't some of these features available with 1.5? I don't think all of these are new features for 1.6 .

Roger.