Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR Enclosures

JoeKinne

Kent Stutzman wrote:

Wow. Seeing all these enclosures makes me feel like I've been lazy. I just set the CCR controller and power supply on top of a couple nails under the eves of the roof. Am I inviting problems? I live in southern California where, contrary to classic song myth, it does rain (I think last year it rained on a Thursday). Are you guys using these enclosures because you are out in the middle of the yard, or is it really needed even when under the eves of the roof?

"It never rains in California, but girl, don't they warn ya'? It POURS, man, it POURS."

I used to have a boat that leaked so I drilled holes in the bottom to let the water out. Didn't work out very well.

Sometimes late at night after a long session of sequencing my brain doesn't work so well.

man i love this place... i just spend too much money when I am here though... LOL

thanks for the ideas and solutions! more packages on the way!!

tmscheum wrote:

I used to have a boat that leaked so I drilled holes in the bottom to let the water out. Didn't work out very well.

Sometimes late at night after a long session of sequencing my brain doesn't work so well.

LOL Seriously ! Made me laugh!

My enclosures have opening where the cables are routed so no moisture should settle.

Still smilling!

DownTown wrote:

ericnagel wrote:
I'm using the LOR enclosures
http://store.lightorama.com/enforpcco.html

Does that enclosure give you enough room to mount the controller horizontally with the cables plugged into both ends?

D.T.

DT - sorry I missed your reply / question.

Controllers in enclosure:
320214_297478286945586_151520518208031_1252587_1810458723_n.jpg

Enclosure above the snow line (I hope!).
390887_308797699146978_151520518208031_1298741_326148116_n.jpg

After this photo was taken, the PVC was shortened and wrapped in red duct-tape to make it look like a candy cane.

Warning stickers put on to keep the curious away. Boxes are screwed and zip-tied shut.

I don't have a picture of it, but I used 2 plastic ammo boxes, drilled a 7/8 hole in the side and put in a 1/2" NM connector. Each box holds 2 controllers and the power supplies.

I found these on Amazon. They are kind of pricey but seem to work very well. They are called Dri-Box Waterproof Outdoor Enclosures. They have 5 cable channels lined with gel that creates a water tight seal for your cables. I bought two and was able to fit 6 CCR controllers and power supplies in each one.

Attached files 284159=15762-CCR_Case.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I found this box at Offixe Depot, it holds both of my CCR controllers and power supplies. I cut some slot at the top for the cables to exit. Had little over 1/2" rain last night and all is dry.

Attached files 288332=15958-CCR Box.JPG

I spent alot time and effort on my enclosure, and this is what i came up with. But it works great, rained today, at 5pm the lights came on with no problems..."Knock on wood"

Attached files 288827=15989-CCR Enclosure.JPG

blbeattie wrote:

I use 6x6x4 junction boxes, and paint them to look like presents:

So do you have both the controller and power supply in the junction box?

• The topic was locked