Light-O-Rama Forums

Loving S3

pHar

Just want to throw this out there as I have run nearly every iteration of light control software that has existed. My first show was in '03 on the original LOR software. Since then I have always been looking for that next 'great' thing that was going to make sequencing easier and less time consuming.

I used Spectrum, Aurora, Light Show Pro (V.1 and V.2), Vixen(to a lesser extent), LOR S2 and now LOR S3.

I have to say Kudos to the team! keeping an xml file format and a simple no frills UI has made jumping back into LOR a breeze. I cannot emphasis that XML thing enough either. I was able to quickly write scripts to add all the channels I needed and make different groups of the channels so I can sequence various elements an many different ways.

Groups work brilliantly and RGB being very similar to groups is also very powerful.

Anyways, I just wanted say thanks as after what I went through with Halloween with a different package I was dreading getting all my sequences ported into the much larger channel count for this year.

If you value stability, predictability and extensibility this is the place to be.

(and Devs please don't change the parser to be strict on circuit numbers :) )

Frank