Light-O-Rama Forums

Error when trying to export

samjbfan

When I am trying to export an Instant Sequence I get the following error.
"Error: Your license level requires that your visualization have 2 green sequencing grid rows or less during export"

I have 32 channels and 2 CCRs
Can someone please help me figure that one out?

Thanks in advance.
Sam

samjbfan wrote:

"Error: Your license level requires that your visualization have 2 green sequencing grid rows or less during export"

Thanks in advance.
Sam

The 2 CCR license level will do 2 CCRs or 1 CCR and up to 150 channels, or no CCRs and up to 300 channels. To do 2 CCRs plus some channels you will need the 4 CCR license.
Also, be sure to do another download of the software, a new release was put out on Nov 8 that is worth getting.

• 2 weeks later...

BrianBruderer wrote:

samjbfan wrote:

Thanks in advance.
Sam

The 2 CCR license level will do 2 CCRs or 1 CCR and up to 150 channels, or no CCRs and up to 300 channels. To do 2 CCRs plus some channels you will need the 4 CCR license.
Also, be sure to do another download of the software, a new release was put out on Nov 8 that is worth getting.

Brian,

I'm having a problem exporting as well. I have about 144 channels defined in my visualization. It appears that each row in SSSE is 50 long....so a 2 CCR license is only giving me 100 channels available, not the 300 I should. I"m not using any CCRs. When my visualzation imports inot SSSE, it's showing a 3rd row, with 6 boxes....any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I'm only using 9 controllers, so that woudl be a max of 144 channels.

Thanks

tomskillman wrote:

BrianBruderer wrote:
samjbfan wrote:

Thanks in advance.
Sam

Brian,

I'm having a problem exporting as well.  I have about 144 channels defined in my visualization.  It appears that each row in SSSE is 50 long....so a 2 CCR license is only giving me 100 channels available, not the 300 I should.  I"m not using any CCRs.  When my visualzation imports inot SSSE, it's showing a 3rd row, with 6 boxes....any ideas what I'm doing wrong?  I'm only using 9 controllers, so that woudl be a max of 144 channels.

Thanks

The statement on the SuperStar Software purchase page should be changed to say that the 2 CCR version supports 100 channels, and upto 400 channels if you have 4 colors of lights assigned to each fixture.
If you have the most current release, when you import a visualization, there will be an option to "Scrunch the Sequencing Grid". This will pack in as many lights as it can into the rows. If you are not seeing that option, get the latest release.
However, in your case you have 144 channels, and they may not fit onto 2 rows even if you "Scrunch". Do you have any fixtures that have more than one color of light in them? For instance, if you have a red, green, blue, and white set of lights around a window, that can be one fixture and that one fixture can contain four channels, one for each color of light and that one fixture will be mapped to one green square in the sequencing grid.
If you want, you can zip up your visualization file (the .lee file) and email it to brian@superstarlights.com and I will take a look at it to see if there is a way to make it fit on 2 sequencing rows.

BrianBruderer wrote:

tomskillman wrote:
BrianBruderer wrote:
samjbfan wrote:

Thanks in advance.
Sam

Brian,

I'm having a problem exporting as well. I have about 144 channels defined in my visualization. It appears that each row in SSSE is 50 long....so a 2 CCR license is only giving me 100 channels available, not the 300 I should. I"m not using any CCRs. When my visualzation imports inot SSSE, it's showing a 3rd row, with 6 boxes....any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I'm only using 9 controllers, so that woudl be a max of 144 channels.

Thanks

The statement on the SuperStar Software purchase page should be changed to say that the 2 CCR version supports 100 channels, and upto 400 channels if you have 4 colors of lights assigned to each fixture.
If you have the most current release, when you import a visualization, there will be an option to "Scrunch the Sequencing Grid". This will pack in as many lights as it can into the rows. If you are not seeing that option, get the latest release.
However, in your case you have 144 channels, and they may not fit onto 2 rows even if you "Scrunch". Do you have any fixtures that have more than one color of light in them? For instance, if you have a red, green, blue, and white set of lights around a window, that can be one fixture and that one fixture can contain four channels, one for each color of light and that one fixture will be mapped to one green square in the sequencing grid.
If you want, you can zip up your visualization file (the .lee file) and email it to brian@superstarlights.com and I will take a look at it to see if there is a way to make it fit on 2 sequencing rows.

Brian,

Thanks for clearing that up. I discovered that I had drawn the 6 arches over my driveway with 3 strings each. I changed them to a single string of 3 colors and was able to export just fine. Thanks for the tip!