Light-O-Rama Forums

Purchased 4 CCR and SuperStar. Problems

ChristmasCanada

Hi.. I just updated my software to S3 and 4 CCRs with SuperStar. When I try to access SuperStar from my PC control panel nothing happens. How do I bring up the SuperStar program.?

Thanks Mark

I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how to sequence in superstar.? Is there a how to link for sequencing.?

ChristmasCanada wrote:

I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how to sequence in superstar.? Is there a how to link for sequencing.?

There are some good, detailed, illustrated powerpoint presentations you can download. Go to www.superstarlights.com and click on 'PowerPoint Downloads' underneath the word 'Other'

• 3 weeks later...

I have been programming LOR for 3 years or so and last year added a single CCR.
I used the CCR macro mode in S2 to tie in the CCR to my other light sequence. This year I have added another 10 CCR's and want to use the Super Star software for the CCR's but my question before diving into the new S3/Super Star programs is this:
It seems that you program the Super Star sequence and then import that into S3.
I want to program all my channels of LOR at the same time as the CCR's so that they play off each other.
How can I program the CCR's and the rest of my LOR channels at the same time, or do I
just have to visualize in my head how the LOR channels will work with the CCRs and add those in after I import the Super Star Sequence?
Thanks for any clarification.

Jeff K.

The SuperStar program does allow you to sequence all of your lights from the superstar program. It requires that you first have a visualization file of all of your lights including the CCRs. You import the visualization file into the SuperStar program, and it will have the green sequencing grid above a visualization of your display.

Each fixture gets mapped to one of the green boxes in the sequencing grid. If you click on a fixture you will see which box it maps to, and if you click on a green box you will see which fixture it maps to.

You can do scenes and morphs to your regular lights the same as your CCRs. The SuperStar approach to sequencing is very different than the traditional grid used in the Sequence Editor. You should set aside an hour to step through the help files and learn about scenes and morphs. To access the instructions on these in the help files
1) click on the Help menu, select contents
2) In the Help system, click on SuperStar Sequencer
3) In the Help system, click on Custom Sequences.
4) You will see scenes and morphs listed near the top. The help files step you through some examples of adding scenes and morphs.

If you don't have time this year to learn how to sequence using SuperStar, then you might want to try the Instant Sequence feature. The steps to follow are:
1) Click on the File menu, select Import Visualization.
2) Click on the Tools menu, select Instant Sequence
3) Click on the "Open Audio File" button at the bottom of the Instant Sequence dialog box
4) Click on the "Sequence All" button at the bottom of the Instant Sequence dialog box
5) Click on the "Play/Stop All" button at the bottom of the Instant Sequence dialog box
5a) Click on Roll Dice to get a new random set of parameters, and repeat steps 4 and 5.
6) When you have a sequence you like, click on the File menu and select export.
7) Open the exported file in the S3 Sequence Editor and play the sequence to your light display.

Thanks for the quick reply Brian. So if I understand correctly, if I want I can program all my lights together in SuperStar and then import the finished sequence into S3 to run it.
So basically SuperStar is a stand alone sequencer that understands how to convert it's commands to LOR commands when you import it into S3. Is that about right?

Jeff K

Jeff Kesler wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply Brian. So if I understand correctly, if I want I can program all my lights together in SuperStar and then import the finished sequence into S3 to run it.
So basically SuperStar is a stand alone sequencer that understands how to convert it's commands to LOR commands when you import it into S3. Is that about right?

Jeff K

You can import a visualization file, but you cannot import a sequence. Think of the SuperStar Sequencer as a front end to the Sequence Editor. It creates effects and then you can export a sequence that the Sequence Editor can open and play.

Your original question was if you could see your CCRs and other lights at the same time. If you import a visualization and then create a sequence in the SuperStar Sequencer then you can see them both at the same time. But I think what you really want is to import your sequences that you already have for your other lights and then see it with your CCR sequence in the SuperStar Sequencer, currently you cannot do that. Something I can consider for next year though.

For this year the thing that is easy to do is to import the visualization, and create an Instant Sequence. Realize that if your visualization has your CCRs and your other lights in it then Instant Sequence will create a sequence on both your CCRs and your other lights.

One