Light-O-Rama Forums

SSedit.exe Error after upgrade to 3.1.0

Steve Baron

I just upgraded to ver 3.1.0 and when I try to start Superstar Editor I get a Microsoft error and the program quits

Anybody else see this?

All other Light-O-Rama programs seem to work normally

Yes, the SuperStar build was DOA, dead on arrival. Sorry for not posting sooner, but I was busy trying to confirm and figure out the problem.
I did a download of the new release shortly after it was released and it crashed on me also. At first I thought maybe it was the visualization file I was using and checked a few other things but it turns out it crashes first time every time for everyone everywhere.
My build of course runs fine, so I had to figure out why the official build was failing. I have found the problem and expect that there will be another release tomorrow to correct this.
I apologize for this. Exactly what you DON'T want to happen in a release.

I just purchased your SS and was looking forward to playing around with it. I'm very new to this... So will LOR send me keys for your new release.?

Your license is good for several releases and/or 1 year. When the fix comes out, all you'll have to do is download the new version and install it. You may need to re-activate, however your current key will be good for the fix.

This is why I continue to invest in Light-O-Rama products

Report an issue - 24 hours later problem solved.

I know is is impossible to write perfect code, this kind of hustle to make it right is what makes a company worth doing business with.

Thanks Brian for getting this fixed so quickly.
Thanks Dan Ditto

Steve Baron wrote:

I know is is impossible to write perfect code, this kind of hustle to make it right is what makes a company worth doing business with.

Thanks Dan Ditto

+1

I know this will sound like brown nosing. Perhaps it is.....

Dan doesn't demand that we are here 24/7, or that we bend over backwards to help customers.... Instead his 'demands' come via his actions. We see how he treats us and the customers, and that in turn makes US want to treat the customers the same way.

It's not really hustle. It's simply the right thing to do.

CKSedg wrote:

Steve Baron wrote:

Thanks Dan Ditto

+1

And thanks for being patient. I personally did a download and it looks good now. I loaded Wizards in Winter for 12 CCRs and then imported the sample SuperStar visualization that is in the download and exported, then played the exported file to the Visualizer. This was a good stress test and confirms that the current code is all there! It is good to see it working.
The visualization problems that were reported were fixed. If you find any more problems post them as you have been and I will look into the problems.