Light-O-Rama Forums

FREAKIN OUT

Logicon

I have been SO busy this year that I haven't had ANY time to think about setting up a display let alone even start to sequence anything. :-( Couple this dilemma with a new house/location and I am freaking out...no time, there's time, I can do it, no you cant... HARRUMPH!! Just a few words of encouragement please.

Logicon wrote:

I have been SO busy this year that I haven't had ANY time to think about setting up a display let alone even start to sequence anything. :-( Couple this dilemma with a new house/location and I am freaking out...no time, there's time, I can do it, no you cant... HARRUMPH!! Just a few words of encouragement please.

Go Logicon! You can do it! [How was that?]

Really, you can do it!! You might have to turn everything on a bit later than you wanted to.. maybe Dec 1st instead of Thanksgiving, but write down how you need to wire the house and yard and do one or two things each weekend.. I've got just 2 or 3 days a week at home so my days are more compressed than yours to get stuff set up.. Being new to the hobby, I KNOW you think there just is no time, but put out one thing at a time..

start with JUST the house lights, on the roof, rafters, doorways, garage borders.. just be REEEEALLY careful on the ladder, already had several friends on here have an undesireable ladder/ground interface

then move to the yard, put out the candy canes, or lollipops, or mintrees.. if you havent made then yet, then just forget the whole thing and move on to NEXT year... JUST KIDDING!!

A simple 8'-10'-12' tall 8 string megatree is REEEALLY easy to build.. I made mine 2 days before I turned everything on my first year.. You CAN do it too!! Just PLAN, PLAN, PLAN, then do ONE thing at a time.

As for doing any sequencing, there are several websites that have a LOT of free(shared) sequences you can download and use.. most have music, or easily-obtainable music to make them go. My first year (3yrs ago) I had 8 sequences I was given.. they were great! For a LOT more channels than I had, I just used the parts that looked the best. The family really liked it, and NO ONE else in the neighborhood was doing LOR so I was the King Of The Block! You can be too!

Douglas Adams said it best...

[align=center] DONT PANIC!! [/align]

Attached files 278405=15440-DONTPANIC.bmp

Dont know if you have a fleet farm but the dad som 6 footlight string trees for 15 buck that we just made into small mega trees kinda like theones made out of tomato cages. Cheap and fast mad them to be 4 chanel each will post pic soon. good luck

THANK YOU EVERYONE!! the LOR community is AWESOME and this is exactly the voice of reason I needed. I was really hung up on trying to get everything in place by T-day and couldn't get past that thought. Again, thank you for kick starting the epiphany.

Logicon

Trust me, you're not the only one wayyyyy behind due to being "busy"...if nothing else, misery loves company...:D

I'm already facing the fact I need to push things out a week to the weekend of December 2nd, and it will still be hectic; but..remember...its a hobby...its not life and death....or anywhere close.