Light-O-Rama Forums

1st Test of season

David Rise

Did a quick show test. The network sees 4 regular controllers and 2 CCR controllers.
However, when I run the show, the CCRs do not work.

My sequences are using 3 tracks. 1 for the 4 regular controllers and 1 for each CCR controller.

I know that I'm missing something, I just don't know what.

Suggestions?

George Simmons wrote:

Do the lights connected to the regular controllers light as they're supposed to?

George did you post this in the newbies section because you are new to CCR's? :D

I deleted the tracks and added the 2 CCRs to Track 1. Going to test it tomorrow.

Other than that, the test went well and REALLY COOL! My non decorating neighbors are in for a big surprise....LOL

David Rise wrote:

Do the CCRs have to be at the end of the chain? Mine are in the middle.

The CCRs can be any order, anywhere in the chain

Since the HU sees the CCRs, I would think your cat5s are OK, and you have power to the contollers.

Have you checked the plug from the ribbons to the controllers? Maybe they aren't plugged in correctly.

Yes, the HU sees all the controllers. I ran a test on the CCRs to make sure they still worked and they light up.
So it's definitely something I did when I set them up on different tracks.
I just completed deleting the tracks and recreating the devices on track 1. I'm pretty sure it'll work tonight.

OK now I am a little worried.

I have everything except the CCRs on the first track

I have my CCRs on different tracks.

Am I going to have problems?

@David - you probably have more experience than I do, but I had a similar problem:
http://forums.lightorama.com/forum89/27776.html

I set my CCRs at a high unit number, and the hardware utility found them w/ no problem (and let me reassign them). But my sequencer version only supported 8 units, and it's the first 8.

Check your software version and see how many units you can support, and make sure your CCRs are within that range.

Good luck,
Eric

Couple things to check..

Eric's got the right idea with allowable units per license.. Does your license you have support the number of units you have (more than 2, more than 4, more than 8) ?

When you try to run the sequence thru the Editor to test it, is the Scheduler (Blue light bulb in System Tray) showing? It'll block the Com port so the sequencer cant control the lights. And conversely, are you trying to see the show run in the Scheduler while the Sequencer is open? Are you trying to do either action while the HU is open? Only one item can run the Com port at a time..

Ok, it was as I suspected. I goofed when I setup the CCR channels for sequencing.
I copied the sequence, deleted the channels and inserted the device, then pasted the sequence back in.

It worked! WOOHOO!!!!!

Reading posts that other made about stuff not working really had me worried. But patients, tips from the folks here, and doing things right the first time, really paid off.
Can't wait til next Sunday to finish and run a full sequence with everything in place.