Light-O-Rama Forums

Changing contoller ID numbers

Guest Don Gillespie

Guest Don Gillespie

Paul Roberson wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:
shfr26 wrote:
Mouse over it and click, right I think, select remove from tray.

ok did that now how do I get it back??

"LORTray" is in program files > light0rama. Maybe program files(x86) depending on your operating system.

Just double click on it when you find it.
ok did that doing the same thing will not find the comm port 3 and won't let me change unit ID numbers

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JBullard

• shfr26

• Paul Roberson

• Don

Well, first of all, you have the adapter hooked up? Did you try the auto config on the com port? Other than those, I got nothing.

Guest Don Gillespie

shfr26 wrote:

Well, first of all, you have the adapter hooked up?  Did you try the auto config on the com port?  Other than those, I got nothing.

Did that still not working says it can't find controller

Don Gillespie wrote:

JBullard wrote:
Don,
I am at work right now, but in hardware utility, what is the max controller id set to ?

Are you using 2.9.4 or 3.0.2 ?

Trying to type on my android, excuse typos
T

Max contoller set to 14

using 2.9.4 Advanced
I think I read somewhere that s2 will not recognize gen 3 controllers

Don,

Go to Lor website, open a support desk ticket.

The S2 software will controll a Gen 3 controller but the Hardware Utility in S2 has problems with Gen 3 boards.

Thats why I asked about your software, but got busy here
at work before I could reply.

Guest Don Gillespie

JBullard wrote:

Don,

Go to Lor website, open a support desk ticket.

The S2 software will controll a Gen 3 controller but the Hardware Utility in S2 has problems with Gen 3 boards.

Thats why I asked about your software, but got busy here
at work before I could reply.

Thanks John I am updating to S3 anyways so might as well be sooner than later

Ok, Don. :):)

I have a feeling that as more Gen 3 controllers are shipped to folks still using S2 software, that this is not the last post we will see on this subject.

Guest Don Gillespie

JBullard wrote:

Ok, Don. :):)

I have a feeling that as more Gen 3 controllers are shipped to folks still using S2 software, that this is not the last post we will see on this subject.[/quote

Thanks John I thought I was losing my mind

Guest Don Gillespie

Here is what LOR told me
You won't need to upgrade to resolve the issue. If memory serves (and without going to check) it's nothing more than the firmware of the G3 controllers not being defined in S2.

There should be no side effects, just the HWU won't see the number.

I thought I would post this so if anyone else comes across this we would have an answer.

Guest Don Gillespie

working with LOR right at the moment to solve this issue my computer keeps telling me a comm port is opened and so I can't seem to get anything fixed still the HWU can not find the G3 contollers I have downloaded the driver for the USB485 connector still no response. will keep you posted.:) I do not know how to check to see what keeps a comm port open

Guest Don Gillespie

Ok I just retried an old contoller the HWU found it in a couple of seconds but when I hooked up the new G3 it does not find it at all we will get this resolved thought I would keep you updated so if it does happen to any one else we can help them.

I did my new g3 controllers last night but I upgraded the software to most current version before doing do. I had to click on Auto configure a couple of time as it was not recognizing the Comm Port, but did work just fine eventually. Did you click on Auto Configure?

Guest Don Gillespie

Greg Blauert wrote:

I did my new g3 controllers last night but I upgraded the software to most current version before doing do. I had to click on Auto configure a couple of time as it was not recognizing the Comm Port, but did work just fine eventually. Did you click on Auto Configure?

Ya I tried that but will try anything at this point. so what soft ware are you using now I am currently using 2.9.4 Advanced

Greg Blauert wrote:

Don's issue is he is still using S2 2.9.4 software, not S3 3.0.2.

LOR S2 software does not know what a new Gen 3 controller is.

Guest Don Gillespie

JBullard wrote:

Greg Blauert wrote:

Don's issue is he is still using S2 2.9.4 software, not S3 3.0.2.

LOR S2 software does not know what a new Gen 3 controller is.

John it sounds to me that upgrading to the S3 software will solve my problem and I don't have a problem with that will purchase it right away and keep you informed.

Don,

That has been the problem all along. LOR S2 was released way back in 2008 and 2.9.4 was released in Dec 2010. The new Gen 3 controllers did not exist then, so S2 software doesn't know what they are or that they even exist.

We had to upgrade our software in Oct 2009 when the CCRs were first introduced, as the previous versions didn't know what they were.