Light-O-Rama Forums

Changing contoller ID numbers

Guest Don Gillespie

Guest Don Gillespie

I just changed out my ID controller numbers I had three controllers I did not use last year so I just changed their numbers today everything is fine these are controllers from last year the red lights were blinking it works great the dilema The new controllers I have for this year 3 of them when I plug them in the green light is flashing and my hardware utility says this

Attached files 277687=15394-hardware utilty.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JBullard

• shfr26

• Paul Roberson

• Don

Guest Don Gillespie

It is plugged in and powered on the cat5 cable is hooked up this is only happening with the new controllers like I said I just changed three other controller ID numbers a couple of minutes ago any ideas??

Guest Don Gillespie

shfr26 wrote:

Just a shot in the dark here, Do you have any other LOR program running?

no, thats what I can't figure out, the first three I did worked perfect the last three which are the new controllers (green flashing light instead of a red one) I am at a loss here.

Well, I guess you will have to wait for someone smarter than me, and that will be a whole lot of people, to answer.

Guest Don Gillespie

shfr26 wrote:

Well, I guess you will have to wait for someone smarter than me, and that will be a whole lot of people, to answer.

LOL your pretty smart PETE, my LOR is disabled it is showing me a red bulb in my tray I just can't figure it out I sent John Bullard a PM noticed he was online

Right now I can't get to my controllers or find my rs485 plug so I can't check. I'm sure Jbullard will help you out.

Guest Don Gillespie

Paul Roberson wrote:

I'm with Pete I thought the LORTray needed to be 'unloaded' for firmware upgrades?

First I have heard of this, I am running the 2.9.4 Advanced the new controllers are the G3 don't know if that makes a difference or not, no panic yet lots of time to get this issue resolved.

Don Gillespie wrote:

Paul Roberson wrote:
I'm with Pete I thought the LORTray needed to be 'unloaded' for firmware upgrades?

First I have heard of this, I am running the 2.9.4 Advanced the new controllers are the G3 don't know if that makes a difference or not, no panic yet lots of time to get this issue resolved.

No harm in unloading it and see if it will work.:)

Guest Don Gillespie

Paul Roberson wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:
Paul Roberson wrote:

No harm in unloading it and see if it will work.:)

When you say unload it what do you mean??

Don,
I am at work right now, but in hardware utility, what is the max controller id set to ?

Are you using 2.9.4 or 3.0.2 ?

Trying to type on my android, excuse typos
T

Guest Don Gillespie

JBullard wrote:

Don,
I am at work right now, but in hardware utility, what is the max controller id set to ?

Are you using 2.9.4 or 3.0.2 ?

Trying to type on my android, excuse typos
T

Max contoller set to 14

using 2.9.4 Advanced

Don Gillespie wrote:

shfr26 wrote:
Mouse over it and click, right I think, select remove from tray.

ok did that now how do I get it back??

"LORTray" is in program files > light0rama. Maybe program files(x86) depending on your operating system.

Just double click on it (LORTray) when you find it.