Light-O-Rama Forums

20 Days til Enable Schedule are you ready?

Tom Clapper

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• miaskiewicz christian

• Tom Clapper

• TJ Hvasta

• wallleyes

I use a DC-MP3 Showtime Director, but I have gotten the outside of my apartment completely done. Finished up Sunday (between the rains) around 5:30pm or so. Ran my first test to check everything with a few sequences and found I hadn't copied everything from the original sequence into the new configuration. *DOH!*

So when lights weren't working I almost went into a panic thinking, oh crap, I've had a controller go bad. Not, just wasn't anything in there to tell that controller to turn on!

Got a lot of free open channels, and I have a lot of Net lights (LED) that I'm going to talk to my neighbor again next door to see if they'll let me put them on their bushes and connect them to a few open channels I have. At least that way, each side of the building will look a lot better with lights on each side. No room for any decor on their side as the bushes are large. Just have to get some Duct tape to cover the cords (not more than 2 or 3 channels) and placed near and across the stairs.

I think now that I've got everything up and they aren't going to put anything out front, I'll get the go ahead to add the lights to those bushes over there.

So if so, just a little more work, but not much, just have to update my sequences again, that's all, but that's not always too difficult to do!

Here's a sample pic of my completed outside display. (Now I have to start and get busy on the inside that will be controlled by controller #1!)

Attached files 278192=15426-Orville_Display-2011_01.jpg

miaskiewicz christian wrote:

Don't have time to answer your question, my display is waiting ! lol

But yesterday with the cool whether I was able to set many things.

Don't have time to answer but you have time to double post?? Sounds fishy to me!!:shock:

Tom Clapper wrote:

Don't have time to answer but you have time to double post?? Sounds fishy to me!!:shock:
The double post is a bug because I posted this only once. :?

jldavis1969 wrote:

There are now 15 days til Lights on for US.

How many of you are almost or are ready right now?

Ahhhhhh! Only 15 days? I need at least 16. No, really---I'll be ready on Thanksgiving Day.

Made a big mistake by planning a Thanksgiving vacation away from home, which means I have to be done by this weekend. Told the wife to load up the frige with Red Bulls because Fri and Sat are going to be all nighters. I would have started earlier, but the Nor'easter we had knocked out our power for 10 days, destroyed most of my trees, and basically left a HUGE mess which all had to be cleared before I could put a single thing out. So much for advanced planning.

good thing i have next week off. I only have the outline of the roof and the guy wires on my mega tree done. So like 500 lights out of 7000 or so. I think i've got some work to do. at least the my show is programed.

dknahoolewa wrote:

good thing i have next week off. I only have the outline of the roof and the guy wires on my mega tree done. So like 500 lights out of 7000 or so. I think i've got some work to do. at least the my show is programed.

Same here. I have scheduled off work this Thursday and Friday and the following Thursday and Friday. I think with those four days and Saturdays I will be ready.

Way too many thing left to do to list.... Its only 10 O'clock, I can get by on 3 hours of Sleep ...............

Back to the Garage !!!!!

CKSedg wrote:

jldavis1969 wrote:
There are now 15 days til Lights on for US.

How many of you are almost or are ready right now?

Ahhhhhh! Only 15 days? I need at least 16. No, really---I'll be ready on Thanksgiving Day.

Day Zero is thanksgiving day!!!!

Lets see...

Waiting on Controller :shock:

Waiting on MiniShow Director :shock:

Waiting on EDM :shock:

Waiting on SPT-1 and connectors :shock:

Building 2 Jerry/Spirals this weekend

Building 2 5 section Archs this weekend

Building 6 2 color Mini's this weekend.

WHAT Me worry???? :P

I have about 75% of the animated elements plugged in.

I hope to have all the animated elements completed this weekend.

Hard to do anything after work when it gets dark at 4:30...

Done!!! Finished putting everything up today. Had an emergency with some old blowmold reindeer. They were too brittle and I shattered them when trying to put the antlers in. Spent 3 hours driving around to get three new matching ones.Ran a couple songs tonight and everything looks good. Just need to run each sequence and do some tweaking over the next couple weeks.

It's coming soon and I'm 75% ready... this morning extensions for my 8 channel leaping arch... and a few other extensions to make...

Completed setup today except for my "Tune to" sign. I'll wait for that.
After a few minor hickups with a GFCI. Got everything working and ran my first complete test. Almost brought a tear to my eyes.

1. The WH2 absolutely needs to be placed outside. Ran it from my PC with it inside the house and it was garbage. Even with the antenna outside the window.

2. With the transmitter outside, I'll have to make an enclosure for it.

3. Looks like I might have a channel plugged into the wrong connection on the board.

Got rave reviews from my neighbors and all the folks that drove by. I'm just bursting with pride. My house will have the best display for at least 2 miles.

Now I want to sequence more songs....ARGH! What the heck is wrong with me.....LMAO!

Started a couple of weeks ago building my new Mini trees, converted them from tomato cages to Coro Trees, they are up and have been tested. Put the icicle lights on the house couple of weekends ago, last weekend, put up the coro trees, all the controller stands and my new CCR arches. All of this has been tested and runs fine. All I like this weekend is the mega tree. Last several yrs. the mega tree was two colors and 8 channels each color, this year, 4 colors and 12 channels per color. All my songs are sequence, but will go back through them one more more time to tweak on them some. I fire up Thanksgiving night.
James

112 LOR Channels and 2 CCR's