Light-O-Rama Forums

20 Days til Enable Schedule are you ready?

Tom Clapper

Man time is flying. I still have to build frames for three windows and mount my rope light to them. Still need to get a 2 channel star for my tree topper. Run two 14/2 circuits from my panel to the front of my house and put on the outlet enclosures. Change about 180 C9 bulbs in my C-cicle lights. Wrap a couple of trees. Finish up my arches. Get a snowman. Finish about 3 sequences (thats if I don't add anymore songs). Oh and just set up everything:shock:! Gonna be a busy couple of weeks.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• miaskiewicz christian

• Tom Clapper

• TJ Hvasta

• wallleyes

Not even close. For some reason I'm just not that into it this year.

Don't know if it is the neighbors new puppy running around, or that the display will the the same as last year.:X

I better get busy or its not gonna happen by Thanksgiving. :shock:

as of today I have one sequence finished I do have a few empty channels and if I do add more to my display it would only take a short while to program in the addition

As of now I have about 20 more to do about half are just about done

I've got almost all my sequencing done. Actually added 5 new songs this year in addition to a huge leap forward from last year's 32 channels. All I need yet is to set up the "cleanup" sequence and any messages I want to add in between songs.

Outside, however, is a different story. I got Halloween taken down this week so that I could start setting Christmas up this weekend. Naturally, I woke up to 5" of snow this morning and it's still coming down. Next weekend is supposedly going to be nice again, but given that this is Montana you can't trust a weatherman until 15 minutes AFTER the weather has happened. :)

So I've got a friend coming over any time now to help set up the mega tree and from there we'll see how much else we can get set up. If the weather next weekend actually is as nice as it's supposed to be, that will then be perfect for hooking everything up to the controllers.

*crossing fingers*

Just today got my roof work done. Wife won't let me on the roof. Something about me falling off, her having to go to work, buzz, buzz, buzz.

Hired a local company to install all the high up stuff and the did a decent job and cost was not unreasonable.

Still need to put up 10 snowflakes, string lights in the big tree (part I hate the worst), stake the yard (what my wife hates the most), bushes, 17 holdman trees, okay I'm going to stop, I'm depressing myself.

I'm about 75% setup. A couple issues came up that is causing me to make some changes, therefore changing my sequences a little. Had to buy more lights today and waiting for Menards to have a sale on the small extension cords, I need more, lots more.

scubado wrote:

I'm about 75% setup. A couple issues came up that is causing me to make some changes, therefore changing my sequences a little. Had to buy more lights today and waiting for Menards to have a sale on the small extension cords, I need more, lots more.

I couldn`t wait for menards sale.I had to buy about 80 six foot cords and 35 fifteen foot cords at $1.37 and $2.49 each.I will still buy another 100 plus cords when menards has their sale.

20 days??? 20 DAYS?? 20 DAYS??!! WILL YOU STOP SAYING THAT!!! :shock: You just dont understand the pressure we're all under!! ;) jk!! :)

As I was taking down my halloween superstrings (ok, they arrrre only orange and purple) I was putting up my 4-color superstrings for Christmas.. made me feel a lot better, even though I know I'me going to be putting stuff UP right up to Jan 6th!

Yesterday I discovered (had the thing two years now) that my CMB-16D- DC board has non-volitle memory on it and I can flash a .las file into it and it'll run Standalone, so I flashed my landscape LED floods and spots .las so it'll run all the time the board is powered.. never knew that before.. so the house is lit by fading red/green LEDS.. isn't quite neked anymore.. I'm off the whole week before Thanksgiving so I'll have that to set up the rest of the yard.. and build my 18' megatree, and 8 more minitrees, and 4 more arches, and set out the lawn lights, paint the house, re-tile the roof, get AlQuida outta the MiddleEast, balance the nations budget and get my wife to stop writing things on the To-Do List..

One thing I firmly believe.. as soon as my To-Do List is completed, I'll die.. so I leave things on it.. (not kidding) :shock:

yes I am :)

Don't have time to answer your question, my display is waiting ! lol

But yesterday with the cool whether I was able to set many things.

Don't have time to answer your question, my display is waiting ! lol

But yesterday with the cool whether I was able to set many things.

TJ Hvasta wrote:

20 days??? 20 DAYS?? 20 DAYS??!! WILL YOU STOP SAYING THAT!!! :shock: You just dont understand the pressure we're all under!! ;) jk!! :D

As I was taking down my halloween superstrings (ok, they arrrre only orange and purple) I was putting up my 4-color superstrings for Christmas.. made me feel a lot better, even though I know I'me going to be putting stuff UP right up to Jan 6th!

Yesterday I discovered (had the thing two years now) that my CMB-16D- DC board has non-volitle memory on it and I can flash a .las file into it and it'll run Standalone, so I flashed my landscape LED floods and spots .las so it'll run all the time the board is powered.. never knew that before.. so the house is lit by fading red/green LEDS.. isn't quite neked anymore.. I'm off the whole week before Thanksgiving so I'll have that to set up the rest of the yard.. and build my 18' megatree, and 8 more minitrees, and 4 more arches, and set out the lawn lights, paint the house, re-tile the roof, get AlQuida outta the MiddleEast, balance the nations budget and get my wife to stop writing things on the To-Do List..

One thing I firmly believe.. as soon as my To-Do List is completed, I'll die.. so I leave things on it.. (not kidding) :shock:

yes I am :)

Keep updating us..that way I won't feel so helplessly far behind...or at least like I'm the only one hopelessly far behind...:cool:

I started putting up lights Wednesday and was getting depressed how long it was taking for just 3 strings, then yesterday I worked from 7:30a to 4:30p and have a third up and running. I hope to get another third up today.

Many of the lights I bought during the after Christmas sales have never been opened and I have been stretching wires of icicle lights for hours. I have 21 sets of white and another 21 sets of blue that are up and running.

I'm glad to have the extra hour of time too! Thanks daylight savings!

I discovered one half of 3 sets of Lowes blue mini incands I got in last years clearance dont work right outta the box.. :D I tried LKP to zap the shunt but no fix.. Lowes return policy was good in the past, hope they'll keep me going back there.

Don't feel bad..I bought 6 used arches last spring; the type where they are wrapped directly on 1" conduit. It was a tight fit in the SUV that transported them home, but no roll-over accidents, etc. for that 200ish miles.

And, my bad, I didn't test when I bought them, worse yet, I didn't test when I got them home. So 6 months later, here we are, and I pull them out yesterday and check them...not a one of 6 has all 6 segments working.

So its either a full string or half string out across the board, which says loose/broken bulbs to replace, maybe a loose socket, or worst case, I re-wrap a segment, but the real pain is it is just one more thing to add to the "to do" list over the next few weeks. Pretty simple troubleshooting, just, not work I had planned on.

Wasn't it August just 2 weeks ago? What the hell happened? :(:(:(:):D

Plugging away here.. I spent a lot of wasted hours waiting for my helper to show up, which never did. go figure:(. So I got a neighbor to hold the ladder and tie items to a rope as I hoist everything up to the roof. But all in all I am on schedule.
Then I plug everything in tonight to see everything in the dark.. found out that one small section of the icicles are not working. So I will crawl up there again this coming up weekend to fix.
Next weekend, I am adding lights to the fence and the bushes. During the week I will wrap my mini trees up and get them ready for the 19th crunch. (lawn service ends the week before, so no lawn stuff til the 19th)
Funny thing out of today is this lady goes jogging by, then comes back around looking at me funny, and said "wth are you doing putting your lights up so early" I responded "I have about 15k worth of lights to put up, and all animated to music" she looks at me, and shakes her head and goes "you're crazy, I like that!" got her digits! yay me!

Attached files 278138=15418-House.JPG

I did make some amount of progress this weekend. The 20 ft. Weber tree went up today. The 26 ft high snowflake serpentine went up yesterday. Jim will be happy to know I think the snowflakes will be the first to crumble in the wind. I'm a bit behind schedule even though I rented a lift to help with the snowflakes and house lights. I tried to fire the lift up this morning to finish the house lights and it was not cooperating. I'll take it back tomorrow and schedule a working lift for two weekends from now. I'm out of town next weekend so I have precious little time left.

Once the house is done... I do believe everything else (crossing fingers) should be easier. 6 ft trees and mini trees, arches and towers, controllers and extension cord manufacturing.

I love this time of year.:D

I've been busting my butt over the weekend. In fact I took Friday off of work to take advantage of the nice weather. Glad I did, Saturday was Extremely windy and cold.

My legs and fingers are killing me...

So here is my Done list.
1. Upper Roof Gutter outline
2. 4 Upper windows outlined
3. Lower Roof Gutter Outline
4. 2 Lower windows Outlined
5. Front Door Outlined
6. 20 Strobes installed on Gutter line.
7. Garage Door outlined
8. Candy Cane Pinwheel Installed
9. 6 Snow Flakes installed (Found out I have a half burnt out one today... :D
10. Star Installed
11. 5 Garage Strobe lights installed
12. 5 RGB Garage Motion Spots (Danomite Lights)
13. 5 RGB Side Garage Stationary Spots
14. 7 RGB Flood Lights
15. 3 Danbursts
16. 10 Bushes wired to 4 channels.
17. 8 controllers installed and wired.
18. Radio transmitter setup
19. New Cat cable run to office for show computer.

Now for the TO DO List.
1. 16 Sets of Red led's on front tree.
2. 35 strobes in tree.
2. 8 Mini trees.
3. North Pole and Sign
4. Radio Sign.
5. 3 Arches.
6. Driveway and sidewalk outline. (Still need to build Framework)
7. 1 more controller
8. Lastly I have 2 blue snowflakes that I don't have any idea where to put.

That about sums up my weekend.