Light-O-Rama Forums

Text and Morph glitches

Becky Scott

I have a 24 CCR matrix. When I exported the .sup file to LOR, I created a new musical sequence and copy/pasted the exported sequence into it (for each CCR). However, when I play the sequence on the actual matrix with the PC, any part of the sequence with animation (such as morphs or scrolling text) it becomes distorted and the colors become messed up. Is there is step I have simply overlooked or is this a program within the program? Any help would be grealy appreciated.
Becky

Becky Scott wrote:

I have a 24 CCR matrix. When I exported the .sup file to LOR, I created a new musical sequence and copy/pasted the exported sequence into it (for each CCR). However, when I play the sequence on the actual matrix with the PC, any part of the sequence with animation (such as morphs or scrolling text) it becomes distorted and the colors become messed up. Is there is step I have simply overlooked or is this a program within the program? Any help would be grealy appreciated.
Becky

A 24CCR matrix, cool!
How many networks are you using? You should have 1 network for each 6 CCRs, so in your case you should have at least 4 networks. And even with 4 networks there are times when the commands will have a hard time making it to the ribbons completely in synch. For instance, if you are doing a marquee of white text across the ribbons you may see the text lag in general, and will also see different colors bleed out of the edges. This is because to make white, a red, green, and blue command have to be sent to each pixel of the ribbons. If one of the colors makes it there before the others then they get a bit out of synch and you get 'color bleed' as I described.
If you are doing a lot of image and text scrolling, I would suggest running 6 networks, 1 network for every 4 ribbons.

Brian, thanks for explaining the network traffic. I was having the same problems with white objects on a CCR grid and ended up converting most of them to one of the primary RGB colors to get the most speed out of them without bleed.

Becky, one more thing that may help (as it did with us), under tools/configuration, shut of 'Enable smooth ramps' if it is turned on. When this was turned on and we had many morphs with long tails, the display would start to stutter and bleed more - like it couldn't keep up with the sequence. I believe when this is turned on, addition commands are added to smooth out the colors which must add a lot of network traffic.