Light-O-Rama Forums

2011 Dramas

Sean Wright

Hi Guys

Hope that you can help me out with this problem. I have 48 channels of LOR (36+12) and have run successful shows for a couple of years. This year I’ve hooked everything up that I need to but the Sequence Editor will not play my selection. The LOR Hardware programme finds the two controllers OK and the Sequence player even finds the programme but nothing that I do will make the selected song play.

I’ve been into the forum FAQ’s and discovered that the problem may well be the lack of a license key. If it is, then I don’t know what that number is or even if that really is the problem.

I bought the first unit (S1) some years ago from a retailer but added another 12 channels with an S2 unit that I purchased directly from LOR. Either way, I didn’t get a license key and in any case, both units were working fine this time last year without one.

Can you please advise me what to do here. btw I have written this letter to LOR but did not get a reply.

Thanks for any help

Does your sequence editor header say Demo, Advanced, Basic, or something else?

Have you tried filling out the license retrieval tool here?

http://www.lightorama.com/LicenseRetrieval.html

You need both the email address you provided when you bought the software, and access to that email account. If it all matches up, it will automatically email you the license key. If not, you will need to call LOR during business hours for further assistance.

OK Well I've established one thing. My problem is not license related. Just by way of experiment I opened a new sequence and plotted a few on/off's and it plays perfectly.

Sooooo can someonhe please tell me how to copy my sequence that is not working and paste it onto a new file that does work. The trick of course is to maintain the same timing gaps for each column when you paste. I'm having trouble with that. Can someone help please?

PS Does LoR actually have living people working there or is the entire operation handled by a machine? I have sent four emails recently ranging from help! help! through to why is my sequence not running and please send me my license number. I have not received a single reply.

Sean Wright wrote:

OK Well I've established one thing. My problem is not license related. Just by way of experiment I opened a new sequence and plotted a few on/off's and it plays perfectly.

Sooooo can someonhe please tell me how to copy my sequence that is not working and paste it onto a new file that does work. The trick of course is to maintain the same timing gaps for each column when you paste. I'm having trouble with that. Can someone help please?

PS Does LoR actually have living people working there or is the entire operation handled by a machine? I have sent four emails recently ranging from help! help! through to why is my sequence not running and please send me my license number. I have not received a single reply.

To copy a sequence you would want to copy the timings and events.

To copy timings select an entire row, Edit -> Copy (and somewhere in here is timings, I forget where.)

Go to your new sequence and Edit -> Paste (timings, again, I forget where)

Then you would want to copy your events over. Should be a "Select All" under the "Edit" so that you can copy them all. Then you would simply go to the new version and Paste.

You can check your license here: http://lightorama.com/licenseCheck.html

If that doesn't show your license, please submit a ticket at lightorama.com/support.

Have you done anything to your show computer during the time it has not been running LOR for shows? Perform all windows updates and verify you have the most recent version of Windows Media Player.

Chuck

Replies!

Thank you all all for your help. Answers to your comments are as follows:
@KLB No my sequence does not show demo, advanced or basic. Because a new sequence (test) plays well then it cannot be a license problem. The test sequence has a moving grid bar and good audio. The one that doesn't work has neither. Curiosly though, it says that it is running *(i.e. the little red stop square comes up) but there is no moving grid bar nor sound)
@JBullard Sorry but using your link to Dan's help page did not reveal any help pertaining to my problem.
@Don I cannot seem to copy "Timings" over to the new grid. What you are suggesting sounds just like what I want but it's a no go. Do I coppy my non-working timings over to a blank grid or a pre-set one?
@ CMoore No, there have been no changes at all to my sequence since last year and yes, I am running Windows XP Pro (as I did last year) and have the latest version of Windows Media player running.

What now guys???

What version of the software are you using? From the initial post, we were thinking >2.0,(S2) but that should indicate the license level in the header.

My very first post on this subject was slightly wrong on the hardware configuration. My original buy was two CTBD16 V5's and the recent add on of another board was a CTB16D V7. All boards are linked and ran well last year.

If you go into edit/media file, you should be able to see exactly which path and file the sequence is pointing to.

Then check that this is the exact same path and file that your test sequence is pointing to.

Or, use edit/media file to point to a version of the file that you have used in a test sequence, and is working fine.

Which exact version of the sequence editor are you using? (help menu, about) For some time, it has been edit menu, media file.

That has been about 4 years since I touched that version. It might have been edit/audio file, or song, or something like that. But still looking for the exact path, as compared to what you are testing now. It really sounds like WMP is unable to play the exact file requested. Not in the right location, corrupt, or something.