Light-O-Rama Forums

Lower all intensities

MikeA

I have found out that all the LED's I will have on my house will be way too bright.
They are hooked up to 10 channels and I want to adjust those channels so they only go to about 60% intensity max. Is this possible? The other 6 channels on my controller will need to go to 100%.

MikeA wrote:

I have found out that all the LED's I will have on my house will be way too bright.
They are hooked up to 10 channels and I want to adjust those channels so they only go to about 60% intensity max. Is this possible? The other 6 channels on my controller will need to go to 100%.
Here is a draft of how to lower or change intensities.

This does a mass change and not individual channels.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23140982/Lor%20Files/Changing%20Intensity%20Level%20in%20LOR.pdf

I do what Dennis posted for all my sequences. I am 100% LED. After I finish a sequence, I save a copy of it. I then use the directions he posted to change the intensities on the copy of the sequence I just saved. Since I have some channels I want at the 100% (floods, blow molds, etc.) I open both the original and the copy and simply copy and paste the modified channels into the original file. Works great! Tip: read the directions carefully as you need to be exact in your typing into wordpad ++ or the changes will lock the file (another reason to do it on a copy). I also found that you need to do a quick double check after you convert because for some reason I always end up with one or two instances where a channel only goes up to 99% so I have to change those manually. For me, I set my max at 75% from 100% and I change 50% down to 30%.

Wow, that still sounds like a hell of a lot of work. I was hoping I could do something to the controller or the channel grid.

MikeA wrote:

Wow, that still sounds like a hell of a lot of work. I was hoping I could do something to the controller or the channel grid.

It really is not a lot of work.

Once you do one sequence it goes a lot faster. Reading the instructions takes longer than the conversion.

Notepad++ is a great program.

MikeA wrote:

Is there such a thing?!? :shock:

I guess you could always just hand out sunglasses to your visitors rather than candy canes.:cool:

If it takes me more than a couple of minutes to do the conversion for a sequence it is only because I needed to refill my beer. Not as hard or long as it sounds.

Jim Hans wrote:

If it takes me more than a couple of minutes to do the conversion for a sequence it is only because I needed to refill my beer. Not as hard or long as it sounds.

I have a small refrigerator right by my desk so the beer is easily re filled.
These are lights on my house which are usually just on or off or fading in one direction or the other so there are not that many lines of code.