Light-O-Rama Forums

Weird Hardware Problems

Guest Guest

I think if you unplug the controllers, turn the plugs over, and then plug them back in they will be just fine. Must be the defective controllers you got from Robin...

Gee William, you're one of the smartest guys on here, so if you can't figure it out, the rest of us are doomed ;)

Are you playing with us? :cool:

I haven't heard of this problem before, so I am tgrying to visualize it. When you mean "blinking in reverse", so you mean that lights are on when they are supposed to be off (and vice versa) ?

I've got a weird issue as well. During my OFF HOURS time I have a single track sequence, no lights on in any of them, yet controller one is lighting one item which is on Channel 2 (unit 01.2) And the config file is just one channel, one track and is set as unit 01.1 (Controller 1 Channel 1), there are no other tracks, no other channels in this config file. The sequence is completely empty! When I run the sequence in the SE, no lights turn on, only when operating off the SD card in the DC-MP3 Showtime Director.

And I just checked every single OFF-HOURS sequence and none have anything, anywhere in any of the blocks that would turn on a light and all are set on Controller 1 / Channel 1.

Yet, Channel 2 is and has turned on during the time my off-hours music is playing, and I can find no reason why it would be on at all! The items are incandescent lights.

And yes, Controller 1, Channel 2 works just fine during showtime as it's supposed to. This one has me puzzled!

BTW: I even tried flipping the plug that's plugged into the controller. Didn't make a difference. And I even went through and copied a blank and pasted the blanks all the way to the end of the sequence in every one of them to be sure no lights would turn on. But this one channel keeps turning on for some oddball reason!

Orville wrote:

yet controller one is lighting one item which is on Channel 2 (unit 01.2)

I had something like this happen, and it turned out to be noise on the network. (It was likely caused by running the power and network wires through the same conduit.)

The solution was to properly terminate the LOR network with a 120Ω resistor on each end. Read this topic to see how I made the terminators.

Funny thing is Stephen, it has worked ALL MONTH long without doing this, it just started today, Halloween! Talk about strange!

The cables and wires are not in a conduit, they go through a styrofoam wrapping that goes around plumbing pipe that I poked a hole through the sides, 2 seperate holes where the cables and single power wire that feeds my GFCI outlet run out the window to the controllers.

Just thought it odd, that today of all days, Halloween, that this would just now start, again, when it's worked without any issues from 10/1 through 10/30 without doing this! And nothing's been moved or changed in the CAT5 or Power cable!

wbottomley wrote:

Has anyone ever had weird hardware problems? I have all of my controllers connected and my lights are blinking in reverse.

Anyone know of a solution to correcting this?

Do you have it it "R" instead of "D"???

Are you sure that all of your units are daisy chained correctly and not in the wrong order......gee's I thought you knew enough not to wire them in the wrong order. I thought it was simple enough to know that reveresed daisy chain makes reveresed lights you have to daisy chain in order or the lights will go backwards.

JBullard wrote:

William,

I still biteing my tounge, resisting the urge to give you my opinion :P

Do it John do it, I mean any yahoo who cant wire his display correctly needs to find a new hobby :D

Guest Don Gillespie

rescue_653 wrote:

JBullard wrote:
William,

I still biteing my tounge, resisting the urge to give you my opinion :P

Do it John do it, I mean any yahoo who cant wire his display correctly needs to find a new hobby :D

I am with you just because he can predict the weather and be right 50% of the time you think a guy could wire his display properly now the mega trees are all going to be going in the wrong direction :P

Guest wbottomley

Got it working right tonight. There's a little black switch on the back of the version 1 16d's. I flipped it in the opposite direction and they started working right.

Thanks for the help.