Light-O-Rama Forums

First Mega Spiral Tree

Bhewson

Hello all
I am new to the computerized lighting. This my first of two almost 7' spiral trees. I dont have a controler yet but I have asked Santa for one. I was told i couldnt buy one till after christmas. I did however purchase the advanced S3 license. Dont look at the mess in the garage.

Attached files 276052=15265-IMG_0001.JPG

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jerryb721

• Bhewson

• David Rise

• thevikester

Bhewson wrote:

Hello all
I am new to the computerized lighting. This my first of two almost 7' spiral trees. I dont have a controler yet but I have asked Santa for one. I was told i couldnt buy one till after christmas. I did however purchase the advanced S3 license. Dont look at the mess in the garage.

A messy garage shows a hard working man. Nice tree, too.

MikeH

MikeH wrote:

Bhewson wrote:
LOL ;) The black ring is on my side of the garage

Good deal....I see the lawn mower is on her side?  LOL

MikeH

Good eye for catching that! :( You gotta be careful of the pics you post around here, you never know what someone will take notice of, such as the mower or purple panties...:shock:

Bhewson wrote:

This my first of two almost 7' spiral trees.

I like it!

I'd be interested in your plans for making this support structure if you are willing to share!

LORi P wrote:

Bhewson wrote:
This my first of two almost 7' spiral trees.

I like it!

I'd be interested in your plans for making this support structure if you are willing to share!

Lori,
Check out this link.
Hope this helps out.

Ok, spiral tree on my wishlist for next year. 7ft which would be very doable and would look awesome.

What size pipe did you use? Would you be willing to share the demensions? Perhaps a simple set of instructions?

Larry Leonhardt wrote:

Great video, can you give us a list of the parts,  length of the pipe and what size pipe you used ?

First let me say that the video I supplied the link for is not mine. It belongs to a fellow by the name of Jerry B 721. He was kind enough to hook me up with it about 3 months ago. If you play the entire vid he tells you all of the measurements and all of the parts you need to make the tree. Jerry is also a member of the light o rama forums. I posted the link so as to help those people that asked how do you do that. Hope this clears things up for everyone.

Thanks Joe for posting jerry's video over here.
I used 1/2" sch 40 pvc. For the bottom you need 16 @ 8.75"
8 "45's" and 8 "T". The middle 16 @ 4.50" 8 "45's" 8 crosses and 8 caps. Top 8 @ 1.75" 8 "45's" I put screws in the uprights every 6". I have 8 100ct multi-color strands on the tree. I will post pic later on what i did.

I too made 2 of the 7ft. spiral trees. I used the 1/2 inch electrical gray conduit. It is the same diameter as the pvc tubing and can utilize the same elbows t and crosses. 2 reasons why I use this is it is a bit cheaper than pvc and you don't leave black paint rings on my side of the garage. I made them about 6 weeks ago and they have been outside and are completly self supporting wit no anchors at all.. this is a very sturdy and well thought out design.

I would love to see this with 8 spiraling channels. I was going to make an 8 channel but go vertical up and down to take up more space. I just wasn't sure if 8 channels was enough to spiral effectively.

Thanks for sharing

Brian

Bhewson wrote:

Thanks Joe for posting jerry's video over here.
I used 1/2" sch 40 pvc. For the bottom you need 16 @ 8.75"
8 "45's" and 8 "T". The middle 16 @ 4.50" 8 "45's" 8 crosses and 8 caps. Top 8 @ 1.75" 8 "45's" I put screws in the uprights every 6". I have 8 100ct multi-color strands on the tree. I will post pic later on what i did.

FireMedic4Christ wrote:

I would love to see this with 8 spiraling channels. I was going to make an 8 channel but go vertical up and down to take up more space. I just wasn't sure if 8 channels was enough to spiral effectively.

Thanks for sharing

Brian

Hey Brian,
If you look at one of my videos you can see it with 8 channels. I made mine with 8 channels of Red, 8 white, 8 green and 8 blue.
8 work at this height but I think more than 8 channels is better the taller you go.

This one shows it