Light-O-Rama Forums

I need help please Com 1 port error message

Partyof9

I just plugged in my controllers to test them for the season. I am using a new computer( old one crashed) have S3 downloaded and ready to go seq. I wanted to check my controllers. I plugged my usb to my computer then connected the other end to my lor usb485 adapter and plugged in my cat5 to the other end of the adapter then into my controller and then used another cat5 to run from controller 1 to 2. Opened the hardware controller utlitly and i get this error. Nothing else is opened on the computer at all btw.

The serial port com 1 assigned to lor has a problem.
You need to select another port.
Open of Serial port 1 has failed E8002 Invalid port while excuting port open property.

Can someone please help me. 2nd year user and don't have a clue what to do.
Tammy

Thank you for answering me so soon. I only have one controller with power going to 1 box only. I have one little mini tree plugged into 1.1 to run test but nothing is happening except that message. Am i suppose to have a usb485 driver installed on this computer? I can't find anything for it if i am. I have the S3 downloaded.

No it sounds like the com port for the USB 485 is not selected correctly. Just have one LOR controller hooked up to it and powered one with both plugs. Then run the autoconfig utility on the ahrdware utility program and see if it finds the comm port for the USB 485

Right click on my computer and go to properties
From there go to device manager
Click the + beside the Universal serial bus controller

Do you see any question mark or any items in this list?
If you could maybe do a ctrl-shirt-printscreen
then open of paint and hit ctrl-v
then file save as and save the file under the drop down select as a jps and upload that image to the forum

Good suggestions above. I may add to also check in your Windows control panel device manager to look what port the usb485 is using. You might need to manually reassign it to another available port via the device manager. It is usual, but I have seen that problem several times.

I did that and no ? under unversal serial bus controllers, but other devices? there was one. When I click it it says FT232RUSBUART
manf unknown
loc_port_#001.hub_#0001
drivers not installed

Ok did the download for vista from that link you guys provided it said successfly installed but when my usb light flashed up on the bottom right of my computer it said usb com 3! Now what do i do. You guys are awesome btw. Did i mention thank you!

I figured out how to go to the device and it says it's working properly i went under advanced setting and changed port to com 1 still NOTHING. Same error.