Light-O-Rama Forums

Strange glitches from morphs

robandwend

I'm working on a 6 ccr - half lenght star ray.

I'm noticing that about 30% of my morphs are getting glitchy lines of lights being lit on the last 'frame'.

For example, this simple morph going from a vertical to a horizontal line:

62876350056287635005_f5e445f7ae.jpg

Gets the following line drawn right at the end of the morph:

6287641257_9041b1cd14.jpg

Does anyone have experience of this, and how can I get around it?

Thanks

Robert - Perth

I've also seen some strange paths taken from point 1 to point 2 if it is not in a straight line (or not even length).

Try moving point 1AB over one or two pixels horizontally or vertically and then run it again. I had to experiment moving them just a little to get the correct effect.

Hope this helps,
Dan

Thanks for the nice screen shot. It helped me know how to try to duplicate the problem. However, I have not been able to duplicate the problem. Can you give a screen shot of the settings in the morph dialog box?

Also, as noted, if the lines are not parallell, you can get gaps as it moves the line from state1 to state2. It is indeed a deficiency in the program. Sometimes the effect can be desirable, in the middle of Mommy Kising Santa claus there is a place where there are gaps as several morphs move but it ends up looking good.

However, you will notice that in my sequences I generally have the state1 and state2 lines parallell to each other.

I perhaps will fix this next year, but the behavior will not change this year.

Here's a shot with the dialog - this example has slightly different positions of the lines.
6308456334_402e455351.jpg

You can see I'm stepping through the morph (using pause) and the line currently visible is not one you'd expect when morphing 1ab to 2ab.

If it's not clear on the image, 1a and 1b are on the same cell.

I've tried lots of these none-parrallel moves, and most exibit this problem, even if I tweek the start / end points. For now I'm doing most of these manually using a bunch of scene's - a lot of work, but it gets there in the end.