Light-O-Rama Forums

Testing Problem

jeremyworkman46

I bought seven of the card assembled controllers. After assembling the first one, I plugged a strand of lights in to test. Everything worked fine except for Channel 15. When I plug lights into that channel, the lights come on and won't go off. They will twinkle and shimmer, just not go off. Any ideas?

This a 3rd gen board?

Are there any data jumpers on it?

Where are they?

I think you should do a board reset, but I haven't seen the docs on the 3rd gen, and the process to reset them.

Yes, it is a Gen 3. Sorry, I'm new to this and a little ignorant, and don't know what data jumpers are. The manual explains how to do a board reset though, so I will try that and see if it works. Thanks.

jeremyworkman46 wrote:

I fixed it. I clicked "Lights off" in lower right hand corner, and that seemed to fix it. I'm not sure why it was just doing that on that channel, though.

If you used the chase sequence in the HWU, then turn off the chase, sometimes it will stop at one of the channels and leave the lights on. I've had this happen before. Hitting the lights off button will turn all lights off, as you have done. I don't know why, but it doesn't happen all the time.

MikeH

• 5 weeks later...

I now have the display up and there is a channel that stays on dim all the time, even when it is programmed to turn off. It kind of pulses dimly when it's supposed to be off, but then is on normal when it is supposed to be on. We did have some major rain here, but everything seems to have dried out now, so I don't think that's the problem, but it could be. Any more ideas??? I tried the hardware utility and hitting lights off, but it didn't work this time. It's a different channel than before.

Sorry to be ignorant, but what is a triac, how do I replace it, and where do I get a new one? Does this happen regularly? I noticed tonight another channel on a different box is doing the exact same thing. The controllers seem to be dry inside.