Light-O-Rama Forums

Full Screen Video Playback

jimbucks227

How do you get video to play in full screen mode properly?

I'm running S3 Advanced. I've done all the proper configurations in the sequence editor (i.e. Video Playback, Full Screen, etc). The sequence I created is 2 minutes long and I plan on repeating the sequence on a loop (i.e. it's the only sequence in my show file).

The video is correctly being displayed in full screen when the show starts. Between sequences, the video becomes windowed for about 2 seconds and then goes back to full screen. Any idea why that is happening?

Note: I am also running dual displays and I have the video playing on my secondary display.

Your help is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Jim

Same thing here. Not too bad so hadn't really been concerned about it but if there is a solution then I would love to know it

Same thing here. Not too bad so hadn't really been concerned about it but if there is a solution then I would love to know it

I don't know of a solution. I have been running video for several years.

Normally I see the 'windowed' situation you are talking about the first time thru my show (over 15 sequences) then the rest of the show is usually just a quick flash on the screen if anything. Sometimes between sequences I don't see the 'windowed' player at all. Sometimes I see a flash of the desktop background. This problem is almost a non problem because my videos start and end with the same thing that my desktop background is set to.

It would be nice if there was a way for LOR to hold the video full screen between sequences, but I don't know of a way right now.

I have not tried running sequences live with video with S3 yet to see if the problem between sequences is worse now. Guess I better do that asap. If it is worse than what I have seen in the past I would probably not run video because it would look very unprofessional between sequences.

Some things I would try:

In the show editor check 'sequences are loaded before any are played'. This will probably slow down the actual start up of your show.

S3s 'compressed sequence' feature should help this problem, but again I have not checked it out.