Light-O-Rama Forums

Feature Request

aurickle

Hi there,

With the limited time before Christmas, Instant Sequence has been a really wonderful tool for working with my CCR's. However, I have found that there's one feature which would be REALLY nice to have.

In the color options you have a number of preset color pairs to choose from. The only problem is that very often the available options don't match what I'd like to see in my show.

It would be great if instead there was a single "Two Color" option. Then next to the combo box the panel could have two color patches and a "swap" button. So you could click on the patches to open the Windows color selector and choose the desired primary or secondary colors. Then the swap button would let you switch the two if you wish.

Of course there could also be a "Three Color" option instead of the current RGB. This would then require three color patches which default to R, G and B.

Thanks for the consideration, and for what is truly a great product!

Whilst the subject of feature requests is here, can I jump in and request the macro feature be extended to work with half length ribbons - currently adding a macro give the error 'macros are not supported with half length ribbons'.

I'm using some full ribbon flashing - over six ribbons (ie All on, All off) which appears to suffer from the amount of network data. Being able to use multi-pixel-per-ribbon macros would really help.

robandwend wrote:

Whilst the subject of feature requests is here, can I jump in and request the macro feature be extended to work with half length ribbons - currently adding a macro give the error 'macros are not supported with half length ribbons'.

I'm using some full ribbon flashing - over six ribbons (ie All on, All off) which appears to suffer from the amount of network data. Being able to use multi-pixel-per-ribbon macros would really help.

The only macro that SuperStar supports is the pixels per ribbon macro. It turns out that doing morphs across different half ribbons in other pixel resolutions is not easy to program. It is a consideration for next year but it won't happen this year.

aurickle wrote:

Hi there,

With the limited time before Christmas, Instant Sequence has been a really wonderful tool for working with my CCR's. However, I have found that there's one feature which would be REALLY nice to have.

In the color options you have a number of preset color pairs to choose from. The only problem is that very often the available options don't match what I'd like to see in my show.

It would be great if instead there was a single "Two Color" option. Then next to the combo box the panel could have two color patches and a "swap" button. So you could click on the patches to open the Windows color selector and choose the desired primary or secondary colors. Then the swap button would let you switch the two if you wish.

Of course there could also be a "Three Color" option instead of the current RGB. This would then require three color patches which default to R, G and B.

Thanks for the consideration, and for what is truly a great product!

This is an interesting request. One that I would not have thought of. I think I get the general idea, but would like you to explain it more. I assume you are talking about the color picker that pops up when you right click on the words "main, start, or end" above the color selectors. Where would the "swap" button be?

robandwend wrote:

It occurred to me that to support the 1 pixel resolution is pretty simple. An easy change would be to allow the macro commands for half ribbons but to display a warning that morphs across ribbons is not going to work.