Light-O-Rama Forums

Just a Gripe About Some People

jim6918

Maybe, I am just whinning here, but I have shared about 20 sequences over the past couple of years with people who posted here, and not once did anybody say thanks. I have had people give me sequences, and I always sent a message back, even if the sequence wasn't that good to say thanks. I sent a sequence to a guy just recently who was practically begging for one and I never even heard if he opened it. I don't think I will be sharing anything in the future.

There are ungrateful people in the world...no getting around it.

If you let "those" people have an influence on how you live your life, then "they" win...

You want "them" to win? :)

I always find when sharing, it is best not to expect anything in return...

If you are expecting something back, for me, it takes away the reason of giving in the first place...

The more we share, the better we all can do. I have learned a lot from the knowledge shared here. For all those who have not said Thank You for what you have shared. . . I say Thank You to you for sharing. I have had more challenges this year than any other year, and I am struggling to get it done. It has been made much easier than it would have been had this forum not been here. On the other hand, this year has been much more difficult because of all the great ideas I have found that I am trying to implement.

Jeff Millard wrote:

Dear Jim,

I didn't ask for or recieve any of your sequences. However, I would like to say thank you for participating in the Community and for being kind enough to share your work. It's people like you who make this community what it is. A place to get help. It's stinks that no one thanked you for what you shared, but the fact remains that you thought your work would help others and were willing to share it. That's what we're here for my friend!

Jeff :)

in the immortal words of Jeff Millard "+1"

Jim Saul wrote:

Jeff Millard wrote:
Dear Jim,

I didn't ask for or recieve any of your sequences. However, I would like to say thank you for participating in the Community and for being kind enough to share your work. It's people like you who make this community what it is. A place to get help. It's stinks that no one thanked you for what you shared, but the fact remains that you thought your work would help others and were willing to share it. That's what we're here for my friend!

Jeff :)

+2!

Jeff Millard wrote:

Dear Jim,

Jeff :D

I appreciate the kind words. I remember the first 6 months or so (before Show 1) when I stared rather dumbly at the LOR Sequence Editor not having the faintest idea where I was going to start. Thank god for the likes of Richard Holdman's sequences, George Simmons, Brian Mitchell, Rayguns, and others who generously shared their sequences with me. It was from their work that I learned to sequence, and unashamedly plagarized their work, just becuase it was so damn good.

Now we have to worry about sharing work with somebody who might take our blood sweat and tears, and put it up for sale someplace.

CKSedg wrote:

Jim Saul wrote:
Jeff Millard wrote:
Dear Jim,

Jeff :D

+2!

+3

I know how you feel - here and on PC I have given sequences out with no thanks in return. Then there are others that are grateful and become friends. It is what it is I guess. Unfortunately human nature takes *all* kinds.

Well Jim, if I'm one than I apologize. And thank you for all you do here...

As of late, I have made an effort to give credit where credit is due on all my sequences I've borrowed anything off of.

Guest wbottomley

jim6918 wrote:

Maybe, I am just whinning here, but I have shared about 20 sequences over the past couple of years with people who posted here, and not once did anybody say thanks. I have had people give me sequences, and I always sent a message back, even if the sequence wasn't that good to say thanks. I sent a sequence to a guy just recently who was practically begging for one and I never even heard if he opened it. I don't think I will be sharing anything in the future.

And... I couldn't agree with you more.

I share how many? Plus two of Evan's.

No thank you's and all gimme's.

Some send me emails stating they can't get them to work. They tell me the error they're getting and I say buy the music.

We need more givers than takers. Here lately its been more takers.

wbottomley wrote:

jim6918 wrote:

And... I couldn't agree with you more.

I share how many? Plus two of Evan's.

No thank you's and all gimme's.

Some send me emails stating they can't get them to work. They tell me the error they're getting and I say buy the music.

We need more givers than takers. Here lately its been more takers.

I think I've shared more than 2. I love the request for a sequence, but no title in what sequence they want.

+4 Jeff

I don't think i got any from you but Thanks if i did sorry lol I usually try to thank everyone who takes time out of thier day to help me out and I try to help them out as much as possible THANKX TO EVERYONE all my neighbors are excited to see the next show:)

Jim,

Glad you reminded me to say thanks again as I have not used or asked for anyone's sequences here but I have asked for a ton of information and always received a very prompt and informative respsonse from fellow members. I do appreciate all the people who have offered the time to post their new ideas and discoveries in this forum because without them I wold be lost. Whenever someone askes me "How do you do it" I refer back to the "group" I belong to and where the ideas come from. Thanks to all!

• 4 weeks later...

I know I have always made a point to say thanks 2 times. I gave one guy on here 8 sequences and not one thanks or when he said he would send some of his he didn't. Then he had the balls to try to friend me on facebook. There are a few that just dont get it.

Saying thanks can make someone's day....

I took my kids to see TSO in San Jose last Sunday. The violinist, on her way back to the stage, stopped in front of my daughter and played to her for 4 seconds and then gave her a high five. I sent Asha (the violinist) a note via her website Monday morning to thank her and to let her know how those 5 seconds had made a huge impact on my daughter. Asha wrote me back on Tuesday saying "... That was one of the nicest emails I've ever received and completely made my day... "

A simple thank you really does go a long way.

Jim, I do not believe that I have asked you sequences, but just in case I have thanks.

Any of us that have been here for a while have received requests for sequences. I have seen a few of mine re-posted and put up for sale for profit. Never quite understood that since I do not believe that any of my sequences that I have created myself were worthy being for sale.

There have been many who have shared and Richard Holdman is the reason I made the jump into sequencing and he has been very generous and helpful with both sharing his sequences and his knowledge.

Thanks to all of you who have shared your knowledge and sequences.