Light-O-Rama Forums

Show Builder problem

minkhill

I have about 12 sequences stored in about 3 different files (one file has the completed ones) within a lightorama file. when I go to build a show and I click the box for all files nothing comes up. This is my second year and I this didn't happen last year (I only had 5 sequences and 4 of them were downloaded ready to roll). Anybody know what I have done wrong and how to fix it.

Help

Barry

I Have been working on them in the sequence editor and closing it out and opening the show builder and clicking the PC box and when I get to the screen the asks 16 - 32 or all files I click all files. I am running 32 channels but my sequences are more than 32. I hope is what your asking.

Barry

Guest wbottomley

The simple show builder sees the default directory set when the sequencer is first opened. Where ever the default directory exists, put the sequences there and then the SSB will see them.

I had a similar problem recently. My default directory file is the LOR folder on the desktop, from when I originally installed LOR. Inside this folder was a file called "Sequences" and "Audio"

I had my sequences in that folder but media files located in another folder. To correct my issue, I moved all sequences to the LOR directory (where the sample files are located) and moved all of the media (song) files to audio file within that same folder.

Hope that helps your issue.

Blake

I have tried moving my sequences around in the differant files i have created (some last year files and some I have tucked away that is not finished) And the simple show builder still wont pull up them. It does bring up 2 sequnces that are last years but I dont have a file with just 2 sequences in it. How can I make the simple show builder see the file with my completed sequences? Would it help to put the files that Im not using on a disc? Help Last year this was not a issue but i only had 6 sequnces that was purchased.

Barry

This is my first year just did my Halloween Show and to use the SSB i had to take the Sequences out of their folder and leave them loose in the LOR default Sequence file . I don’t know where the 16 and 32 channel files are located but will figure this out soon.

It sounds to me like the sequences are not actually in the default Sequences directory. What I suggest doing is this:

First, close all of you running LOR programs. Not just things like the Sequence Editor, but also the LOR Control Panel (if it's running). The LOR Control Panel is the light bulb icon in your computer's system tray. You can close it by right-clicking on it, and selecting "Unload Light-O-Rama" from the popup menu that will open.

Next, find the Windows directory that your sequences are stored in. This might be, for example, C:UsersBarryLight-O-RamaSequences.

Next, find the Windows directory that your Light-O-Rama program files are stored in. This is typically, but not always, C:Program FilesLight-O-Rama.

In that program files directory, there should be a file called "LORPost.exe". It might just show up as "LORPost", depending upon how you have Windows set up.

Double click on LORPost.exe. It will ask you where you want LOR to store your data. Tell it the directory ABOVE the directory that your sequence files are contained in. For example, if your sequence files are in C:UsersBarryLight-O-RamaSequences, tell it C:UsersBarryLight-O-Rama.

After moving my sequences around in every file i could think of. I decided to just start fresh and reload the software and what do you know it worked great after setting everything up again. I would really like to know what i did wrong the first time but who knows. Time to get started on the lights.
Thanks everyone for the advice