Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Software / Show

Greentree38

Hi,

I've been searching round trying to find this answer and decided just to make a new post! I was wondering how do i set up my LOR software (Basic) to have the lights still on after and before the shows and then go off at a certain time, also how do i do the exact same thing with music if i'm running over the fm transmitter?? Make a playlist in iTunes anne then play and pause it?? :?

Cheers

You could use more than one show, scheduled at different times. For example, your "real" show is scheduled from 6:00 to 6:30 and 7:00 to 7:30, and your "just keep the lights on while some music is playing" show is scheduled from 6:30 to 7:00.

For basic, some folks have talked about using Zara Radio to do it. I have a method to use LOR directly, but it requires the advanced license (not basic)

Agree with Josh. If you want some advanced features of controlling music and playlists, then separate radio program software like ZaraRadio is the way to go. We use the older free ZR version to play announcements, music, time, and automated 30-second weather feeds at various times of the day before and after the show. Example, playing announcements every 30 minutes of the day or after your show to announce show times. And of course you can have unique announcements to play at specific times of the day. "Show starts in 30 minutes", and then a little later, "Hey the show is about to start in 10 minutes", etc. Search for Zara postings if you don't know about it. That will lead to postings of other solutions as well. In my opinion, LOR really isn't the way to go for off show radio control although you can do some basic things with it. Let LOR do the fabulous job that it does best and use separate software to control off show radio playing.

I think i'll go with a 2nd lot show in between each light sequence / set..... That way i can mix all of the songs in garageband along with my announcements and have them all work down to the nearest second!!

Greentree38 wrote:

I think i'll go with a 2nd lot show in between each light sequence / set..... That way i can mix all of the songs in garageband along with my announcements and have them all work down to the nearest second!!

That will work for BETWEEN shows. It's more time consuming and won't get you as much flexibility, but sounds like it will meet solve your solution.