Light-O-Rama Forums

Export from Aurora

josh3955

I have been wanting to switch from Aurora to LOR for a while now. I finally found a utility written by Darryl Brown that will convert Aurora's .DLS files into a .LMS file (S1 version). Works like a dream, best I can tell everything but RGB is a success ( I don't have any RGB so I am good!) So glad those 100's of hours are not down the tubes.

If anyone else needs it

http://gleannlochchristmas.com/aurora/publish.htm

I did not have any issues. You must do it on the computer that Aurora is installed on, and you must use Internet Explorer. I think it had a prerequisite of .NET as it makes calls directly to .NET from IE to do the install. I used Windows XP and Internet Explorer 8.

If you still can't get it, his e-mail address is spelled out on that page.

• 3 weeks later...

So you have all your files from Aurora sitting in a folder. Point the Source to that folder. You will need a second folder (already created) for the output. Point the destination to that folder. Hit the button and give it a few minutes. I had a folder with 15 minutes worth of show sequence...it took about 3 minutes or so. There isn't a whole lot of indication much is happening while it's crunching. If you are still having issues, you may want to contact the author...his e-mail address is on the site where you got the program from.

So after countless hours of trying to get this program to run. Which i got than after countless hours of getting it work right. which i just accomplished! It appears that the software was not compatible with windows 7 so I decided to run in safe mode. and now that program is working! Thank you for your help everyone. THE LIGHTS WILL NOW SHINE! awesome program btw almost had to resequence my whole show! First timer at all this.

• 1 month later...

I am looking to switch from aurora to LOR but don't want to have to reprogram the 15 songs I already have done in Aurora.

I have tried locating the website listed above with no luck can someone email me a copy of this software? If so please PM me and I will provide email address. Thanks.

xtreme_lights

It won't install without the website being online....at least I couldn't get it to install offline. If you zip up your aurora files and sent them to me, I could run the utility and send them back to you.

my files are converting now.. thank you thank you thank you.. I have an hours worth or sequences done for each halloween & christmas.. you just saved me forever!!!!!.. I had to use safe mode with Vista as well.. but my files are converting now!!!