• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CLD Kevin

• miaskiewicz christian

• boborino

• caniac

Kevin Leuenberger wrote:

Cracker,

I thought you would get a kick out of this. It's your house on the opening monologue segment of the Jimmy Kimmel show.

LOL.. that is GREAT!.. but hey, where is the fact checking on Kimmel's show??? "This year he added music to his show"... Well, artistic license I guess... though.. I have heard my neighbors come out and yell the same thing as the house across from Kevin. :)

Simply amazing! It's displays like yours that got me to take the plunge into the wonderful world of Light-O-Rama. I've been doing a Halloween display for 15 years, but with LOR this year is my best by far. You are indeed an inspiration!

Here is the live broadcast on GMA this morning. This is the East Coast Verson. We did a retake for the West Coast because the music was so loud in the earpiece we couldn't hear them asking us questions. You would think they have done this before. West Coast came out much better.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/halloween-house-draws-millions-hits-youtube-14844462

GMA has really made a great report about your house.

By the way, you have a nice family. :-)

Absolutely amazing Kevin! As always I'm striving for more. Wish I had the commitment that a lot of you still have! I just need the push again! I still have to get my mind around the CCR's too. Haven't quite got that one figured out yet!

Okay show of hands now, just how many of you are also getting bombarded with links to Crackers'/Kevins' video via e-mail because someone knows you do about the same thing?

I have already had well over 300+ e-mails with the subject line: (EDIT: These just started a couple days ago, so this number may still yet increase by a wide margin!)

"OMG!, You have just got to see this Halloween house!"

And then it's one of my friends, family members, internet acquaintences or a former co-worker: saying, Hey have you seen this? Isn't this just awesome? I know you do something like this too with your lights, so I thought you'd enjoy seeing this.

Anyone else's friends, family members or co-workers bombarding you with Kevins' Halloween House videos/interviews?

So has Kevins' new found fame been inundating your e-mail boxes too?

Seems this one was gone way over the viral path and has gone MEGA-VIRAL with all the sensation it's getting.

I don't even think Kevin thought this would get this wild or widespread as fast as it has.

Enjoy the limelight while you can Kevin!

Me personally, I hope my displays never get that popular, mildly popular I could deal with, but the madness Kevins' dealing with would, well, just can't think or come up with any words that could desribe that feeling.

EDIT2: correcting some punctuation and spelling issues.

Orville wrote:

Okay show of hands now, just how many of you are also getting bombarded with links to Crackers'/Kevins' video via e-mail because someone knows you do about the same thing?

I have already had well over 300+ e-mails with the subject line: (EDIT: These just started a couple days ago, so this number may still yet increase by a wide margin!)

"OMG!, You have just got to see this Halloween house!"

And then it's one of my friends, family members, internet acquaintences or a former co-worker: saying, Hey have you seen this? Isn't this just awesome? I know you do something like this too with your lights, so I thought you'd enjoy seeing this.

Anyone else's friends, family members or co-workers bombarding you with Kevins' Halloween House videos/interviews?

So has Kevins' new found fame been inundating your e-mail boxes too?

Seems this one was gone way over the viral path and has gone MEGA-VIRAL with all the sensation it's getting.

I don't even think Kevin thought this would get this wild or widespread as fast as it has.

Enjoy the limelight while you can Kevin!

Me personally, I hope my displays never get that popular, mildly popular I could deal with, but the madness Kevins' dealing with would, well, just can't think or come up with any words that could desribe that feeling.

EDIT2: correcting some punctuation and spelling issues.

Not quite 300 email's, but people at work, and even people that came over last night for dinner... standing in my front yard saying... Didn't I see this on CNN... sheese... I ALLWAYS give Kevin credit for getting me started for Halloween with the faces and the fantastic work he does. I then show them his youtube video. But people really have no clue about the programming of a show. Last night I was asked, "Can you just pick any song and have it play the faces".. I said, "sure.. after a couple of months of programming". They were utterly shocked at the time it takes. And then that is allways followed by... "Why do you do it?". If you follow this forum, you already know the answer :D

Sure is amazing. I thought about checking it out, I live in riverside, but I think I'll avoid the crowds.

So if I have this correct, he spent $18k on controllers?
1144 channels/16 per controller=71 controllers at $250 each

f150trk21 wrote:

Sure is amazing. I thought about checking it out, I live in riverside, but I think I'll avoid the crowds.

no, the CCR's are 150 channels each, and he bought 6 of them for his roofline. That's 900 channels itself. Course, those are $250 each..

lol ya i had the same experience.. i had family calling me saying i just saw your house on TV!!! .. and i had to be like "no no no..i wish...thats another guys house in riverside haha"

boborino wrote:

f150trk21 wrote:

no, the CCR's are 150 channels each, and he bought 6 of them for his roofline. That's 900 channels itself. Course, those are $250 each..
and probably had most of the other controllers from prior years.

I wasn't able to say anything, but now that its over...

LMFAO "Party Rock Anthem" Redfoo, SkyBlu and the rest of the crew shot a commerical at my house yesterday for KIA. It was sooo crazy and a huge madhouse. It was very cool and the guys are really down to earth and nice. We talked several times over the day and they wanted to know how I created it. I showed them the controllers, software and how I programed it. They were amazed on how it works. SkyBlu and I even shared a beer at a break.

It was a very cool experience that I , my wife, kids, family and the neighgorhood will never forget.

Kevin

Here is a few pics...I'll post move later.

Attached files 276277=15295-KIA.jpg

well you know you have really raised that bar, maybe even for yourself because how will you top this next year!! lol

I guess it is a good problem to have.

caniac wrote:

well you know you have really raised that bar, maybe even for yourself because how will you top this next year!! lol

I guess it is a good problem to have.

There is absolutely noooo way I can top this! I think I should retire and go out on a high.

Kevin

I want to give a big shout out to "CRACKER" for his fine work on his Halloween show.

Also just to let him know that Mouser Electronics has linked His This is Halloween video to an advertisment in Facebook.

Congrats on all the new publicity that he has gotten this year.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/mouserelectronics