• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CLD Kevin

• miaskiewicz christian

• boborino

• caniac

Kevin,

Great sequencing and decorating. My kids have enjoyed your videos for the past few years. This year you just really took it off the charts with the CCR and RGBs. Wow! Congrats on the TV gigs. Fortunately or unfortunately you've now set the bar even higher for the rest of us. :D

So has it sank in yet Kevin? :D

You should be like "SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!"

I hope nothing but good fortune comes to you and your family from all this!! And just think, a year ago some A$$HOLE stole almost all of it from you to the point you were ready to toss in the towel!! You should be glad you didn't, cause I know we are all beyond happy you did not give up!!

WTG

ToddH wrote:

So has it sank in yet Kevin? :D

You should be like "SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!"

I hope nothing but good fortune comes to you and your family from all this!! And just think, a year ago some A$$HOLE stole almost all of it from you to the point you were ready to toss in the towel!! You should be glad you didn't, cause I know we are all beyond happy you did not give up!!

WTG
yep, same here. you are an inspiration to all of us!!

Cracker wrote:

Here is the piece CNN did...pretty cool.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2011/10/25/pkg-moos-singing-halloween-house.cnn

About 1000 people showed up tonight. I got pictures and will post soon.

LOL.. we are all startstruck Kevin :D Nice of you to keep contact with us lowly hobby type people :D

hey.. you say you are using RGB strips on the vertical runs of the house. What strips are you using? Are they standard 3 channel strips? Just curious of what DMX controlers you are using, or are you using DC controllers?

I LOVE your display!! Totally AWESOME!! Definitely gives me some ideas for next year. We added FIRE & Lightning effects to our display this year and people in our area (PA) are going wild over it. Here are some of the videos...

Mark Showalter wrote:

Kevin,

It's a good thing your not in Chris Palmer's neighborhood...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/26/hoa-tells-texas-family-to-remove-halloween-sign-from-yard/

Our lease from our Apartment states the same thing, NO SIGNS OF ANY KIND. However, that rule IS lifted for criteria such as Halloween and Christmas Displays. After Halloween the LED sign comes out of the living room window that announces my FM station to turn to until Thanksgiving night when it goes back up for the Christmas season.

We lived in an HOA previously, they had the same rules, BUT at least any signs were overlooked during BIG Holidays like Halloween and Christmas, even other Holidays where folks would post a sign for a day or two. Seems to me that Chris Palmers' HOA is a bit narrow minded by even sending out such a notice! What about the "Happy Halloween signs" that are staked into a yard? Guess those would be required to be yanked up to by their rules. This is why the next place I move to ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT HAVE a HOA!

Congrats Man!

And we thought last years was good.... Your display is truly amazing and inspiring, keep up the great work! You definitely deserve all the attention!

BTW you even made the local news in Long Island NY.

Cracker wrote:

Here is the piece CNN did...pretty cool.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2011/10/25/pkg-moos-singing-halloween-house.cnn

About 1000 people showed up tonight. I got pictures and will post soon.

I was curious what your crowd was like and ask that you take a picture. You must have read my mind. Great work. The RGB strips and CCR's really make the display.

There had to be almost 2000 people there last night! Even with a small technical difficulty, the crowd stayed patient.

Kevin, if you want to borrow my EDM transmitter for the rest of Halloween, let me know. I can bring it by tomorrow to get it all set up and test it. I PM'ed you my contact info. Give me a call.

Dino - KX6D

jkonicky wrote:

I LOVE your display!! Totally AWESOME!! Definitely gives me some ideas for next year. We added FIRE & Lightning effects to our display this year and people in our area (PA) are going wild over it. Here are some of the videos...

Sorry but this pissed me off!! Jkonicky nice disply but keep it in your own thread don't come here ninja'ing the thread its disrespectful, at least in my eyes!!

sorry had to say something.

Jeff Millard wrote:

ToddH wrote:
Sorry but this pissed me off!!

+1

+1. Wanted to say the same thing earlier.

ok, back on topic think I said what prob 98% thought after seeing that. I would gather he got the point :P i don't want to ninja it myself with a flame :)

so Kevin, you doing ok? Stressed yet? :) Oh and hows the family handling it all and the HOA doing good still?

ToddH wrote:

jkonicky wrote:

Sorry but this pissed me off!! Jkonicky nice disply but keep it in your own thread don't come here ninja'ing the thread its disrespectful, at least in my eyes!!

sorry had to say something.

OK I edited my initial sarcastic remark but I dont think Jkonicky deserves being "pissed off" at. This forum is to share what people do and I seriously doubt this was done out of disrespect.

I say -1

Hey Everyone,

I haven’t been here for a couple of days. Its almost 1am and seems to be the only chance I have time to post. I’m very tired. Working my normal job, and then getting ready for the madness at night. Every night the crowd gets bigger. Tuesday we had about 1000 people, Wed about 1500 people...and tonight...2000 people. If you think about it...how many cars is that?? We shut the streets down in front of my house an hr before the show and cars are parked up and down the streets which seems like forever.

I run my show via outdoor speakers. I ask everyone to park their vehicles and watch in front. This way, the streets don’t turn into a parking lot. People would stop and not move on. I only run the show once a night...6 songs...24 mins. Yesterday, my outdoor speakers blow in the middle of the show. It was kinda funny...it was cranking then you hear a big pop. Thanksfully all the people were very calm...and lucky I had a spare. Today I bought some DJ speakers. I got a really good price because the sales person saw my show on youtube and really wanted to see it but didn’t know the address. I guess being internet famous does get you stuff.

So tonight , the police were called out tonight due to people parking their cars in front of driveways and some of my neighbors...down the street....selling food and parking spaces. You need to permit to do that. Some people…anything to make a buck!

Tomorrow is the beginning of the weekend and I'm expecting it to get worse. I may need to shut my show down if we have more incidents. It just getting too big. My neighbors are helping "police" the streets so there are no more problems. I have really great neighbors...and hopefully they will still like me.

Here is a picture from my wife’s camera phone from tonight’s show....pretty cool!! You cant really see from the picture, there are more people to the left and right of the house in the street. My sis took pics with a better camera and I should have them by tomorrow.

Kevin

Attached files 275440=15217-WoW.jpg

Holy crap, is that a TSO concert?:shock:

Oh, it's Kevin's awesome display. I'm glad you have understanding neighbors. Mine would have been pissed the first night. Bunch of grumpy farts in my area.

Great job Kevin.

huskernut wrote:

OK I edited my initial sarcastic remark but I dont think Jkonicky deserves being "pissed off" at. This forum is to share what people do and I seriously doubt this was done out of disrespect.

I understand what your saying but the approach was more of a hijack and not just a comment of Kevin's display, which is the topic at hand.

Jkonicky should have started his own thread if he wanted to show off the videos IMHO. He would have gotten alot more attention that way as well.