Light-O-Rama Forums

Limit on number of RGB pixels in prop?

heystew

I was having problems with SuperStar crashing when importing my Visualization which had props with lots of RGB pixels (42 each to be exact). I did some experimenting to determine what the issue could be. I was originally using some props that I hand edited, so I created new props in the Visualizer so that it would be a clean test.
I created 3 Visualizer files with only one prop in them. These are attached
17a.lee - 34 RGB fixtures - Result = crash on import
17b.lee - 33 RGB fixtures - Result = error message (image attached) as well as a crash next time I launched superstar. (had to delete SSEdit.cfg file)
17c.lee - 32 RGB fixtures - Result = successful import

17b Error Message Text - Error: Visualizer AssignedObjects size of 32 exceeded, remaining AssignedObjects not loaded

Thanks in Advance and let me know if i should be trying something else.
dave

Attached files SScrashTest.ZIP

heystew wrote:

I was having problems with SuperStar crashing when importing my Visualization which had props with lots of RGB pixels (42 each to be exact). I did some experimenting to determine what the issue could be. I was originally using some props that I hand edited, so I created new props in the Visualizer so that it would be a clean test.
I created 3 Visualizer files with only one prop in them. These are attached
17a.lee - 34 RGB fixtures - Result = crash on import
17b.lee - 33 RGB fixtures - Result = error message (image attached) as well as a crash next time I launched superstar. (had to delete SSEdit.cfg file)
17c.lee - 32 RGB fixtures - Result = successful import

17b Error Message Text - Error: Visualizer AssignedObjects size of 32 exceeded, remaining AssignedObjects not loaded

Thanks in Advance and let me know if i should be trying something else.
dave

Thank you for providing your visualization files. I will look at this. There are two problems, one is that my limit of 32 is too low, the other problem is that when the limit is reached it should give the error but of course should not crash.
There is currently a limit of 32 objects you can assign to a prop. What would a reasonable limit be? You are using 42. If the maximum were 50 would that work, or would you expect cases where the number would be higher?

Thanks Brian,
In my case 50 would work. However, currently the Visualizer will let you put up to 64 objects into a prop. So to avoid the error condition you could use 64 if that is feasible with your architecture since that is currently the maximum that Visualizer will allow.

I actually started with a prop that had 256 elements (it was a 16x16 grid for a Revo4 DJ light). I scaled that back to 4 props that were each 4 x 16 to make the Visualizer happy with the prop. Then to make SuperStar happy I scaled it back to 8 props that were each 2 x 16.

thanks!
Dave

heystew wrote:

Thanks Brian,
In my case 50 would work.  However, currently the Visualizer will let you put up to 64 objects into a prop.   So to avoid the error condition you could use 64 if that is feasible with your architecture since that is currently the maximum that Visualizer will allow.

I actually started with a prop that had 256 elements (it was a 16x16 grid for a Revo4 DJ light).   I scaled that back to 4 props that were each 4 x 16 to make the Visualizer happy with the prop.   Then to make SuperStar happy I scaled it back to 8 props that were each  2 x 16. 

thanks!
Dave

Thanks for the input. I tried to make my limits match those of the Visualizer, I messed up there. I will increase my limit to 64.