Light-O-Rama Forums

V1 PC kit

imawlkr2

I was just sorting out the parts for my solder kit and noticed the board is a version 1. My other two controllers I have that were pre-assembled say V2. What is the difference and will there be any issues with running my show?

Thanks...I am going to start soldering in the morning. I have everything set up out in my shed with no heat. Going to be a little too cold to be out there tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

what abt a 4.40 firmware update to a V1 board? I just finished a kit, assigned the unit #.. it's v4.32.. I have 9 other V1's that are 4.32..

TJ Hvasta wrote:

what abt a 4.40 firmware update to a V1 board? I just finished a kit, assigned the unit #.. it's v4.32.. I have 9 other V1's that are 4.32..

Bad idea. Gen 1 boards cannot use 4.40 firmware.

The firmware is what controls the microchip, which is different in the Gen 1 and Gen 2 boards.

Gen 1 boards (at this time) use a max firmware of 4.32

The only difference between the two boards is the components used. (therefore the different firmware).

They function exactly the same.

Thanks John.. I did see a few of my older boards have 4.30, and the rest are 4.32.. yet 4.30 is the latest d/l for V1 boards.. I guess is there no real 4.32 to grab/flash to?

If you bring up the hardware utility to the default open file page, you should find 4.32 there. Not much changed. Possibly just some more options on interactive triggers.

four of the ten I have are older boards, HU shows 4.30, the other six are 4.32.. guess the next real flash step would be either 4.50 or whatever Gen3 offers for older boards, thanks.

Yep...my V1 board I just soldered is 4.32 and my other V2 controllers are 4.40. Everything works and I am ready to start setting things up in the front a week from tomorrow. Can't wait!