Light-O-Rama Forums

Trending: Ordered, Shipped, Received When ?

dionie

Thanks for the advice.

I was also looking at what weatherproofing things done by others and it seems like the consensus is to just keep the connections off the ground.

I have a feeling this 16 channel controller is not going to be my last - exciting stuff.

Dave Boros wrote:

Outside, to save on cords. My one is going right in the center of my mega tree, the othed behind a small privacy fence next to the house. Trying to keep them as close to where most light connections/cords are to save on extension cords.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dionie

• Dave Boros

• l0chte

• Mike Manzara

I have a feeling this 16 channel controller is not going to be my last - exciting stuff.

Yeah. I bought two, and ran out already. Planning on two more, hopefully three for next year.
As for weatherproofing, my megatree is in the lowest spot, so I have flat stones that I set all my connections on to keep them out of standing water. Other than that, I don't do anything. I'm going to put a couple stakes in the grond and mount my controllers to them and have them leaning slightly back, just to insure no water getting in. Definitely tighten the screw down on the cover.

Well just ordered a last minute extra controller... fingers are double-crossed that it gets here before Thanksgiving!

Order: Oct. 8
Date Shipped: still waiting
Date Recieved: same as above

I was told their website can't calculate shipping to Canada. So they are supposed to email me my shipping options. Still waiting for that email, losing patience quickly though.;)

Discotech24 wrote:

Order: Oct. 8
Date Shipped: still waiting
Date Recieved: same as above

I was told their website can't calculate shipping to Canada. So they are supposed to email me my shipping options. Still waiting for that email, losing patience quickly though.:D

Where is Canada?

Nice thing with LOR there won't be any SURPRISE charges from UPS.

I'm a 6 hour drive from their warehouse in Glens Falls NY. We vacation in Lake George NY(right next to Glens Falls) every summer. I'm tempted to drive and pick it up.

hyperdriver3307 wrote:

Ordered: 10/17/2011 CTB16PC partially assembled kit
Shipped: waiting
Recieved: waiting

I have had an adjustment to my paypal payment. Last time I ordered this happened and the items I bought shipped shortly thereafter.

It was a shipping adjustment before.... *fingers crossed*:P:D:D:D:D:D

Thanks. I really see myself adding one for next year, oh how quick the 16 channels are assigned. With my limited amount of lights (all LEDs), I am already 4 channels wanting.

I will be connecting the controller to a 30A outlet outside my house. If I add another controller, considering the LED draw of the first one does not use up even 10A, is it safe to use the same the outlet for another controller ?

Dave Boros wrote:

Yeah. I bought two, and ran out already. Planning on two more, hopefully three for next year.
As for weatherproofing, my megatree is in the lowest spot, so I have flat stones that I set all my connections on to keep them out of standing water. Other than that, I don't do anything. I'm going to put a couple stakes in the grond and mount my controllers to them and have them leaning slightly back, just to insure no water getting in. Definitely tighten the screw down on the cover.

dionie wrote:

I will be connecting the controller to a 30A outlet outside my house. If I add another controller, considering the LED draw of the first one does not use up even 10A, is it safe to use the same the outlet for another controller ?

I use all LEDs. I usually connect 10 controllers per 15 amp outlet. You should be fine.

Edit: Most of my controllers only use a single power input cord.

My paypal is still "pending". Hopefully - you are correct and that shipment follows soon.

For the time being, I am just using the visualizer for my sequencing attempts of "Carol of the Bells" which seems to be the sequencers "Hello World!" to the programmers.

hyperdriver3307 wrote:

hyperdriver3307 wrote:
Ordered: 10/17/2011 CTB16PC partially assembled kit
Shipped: waiting
Recieved: waiting

I have had an adjustment to my paypal payment.    Last time I ordered this happened and the items I bought shipped shortly thereafter. 

It was a shipping adjustment before....  *fingers crossed*:D:D:D:D:D:D

Good to know. Now you got me thinking into getting more than 1 for next year :D

JBullard wrote:

dionie wrote:

I use all LEDs.  I usually connect 10 controllers per 15 amp outlet.  You should be fine.

Edit:   Most of my controllers only use a single power input cord.

Oct 7 orders: shipped or getting shipped

Thanks for the update Joe.

JoeKinne wrote:

I ordered on Oct 7th, and it shipped today with a delivery date of Nov 1st...Just in time to be put outside.:cool:

Dave Boros wrote:

Santas Helper wrote:
PaulXmas wrote:

Where is Canada?

Canada is north of U.S.A :D

Which ways north?:D

If you go south, turn around. It's that-a-way. :)

Or, go to the South Pole and take any direction. It's all north from there. :D

I ordered two DC controllers on October 9th.

I got this email today from LOR...

I am sorry we are still waiting for the CMB boards to come in. I am afraid
they will not make it for Halloween.

Mary

:D