Light-O-Rama Forums

Image Ramp Colors

DanR

I have a couple of images that I set a value to the ramp time. Green colors seem to change to cyan during the ramp down.

I attached an image to show this. The top picture is the orignal image. The bottom picture is the image being ramped down. Is there a setting to adjust how the ramp function performs?

(It looks like the dark red is lost also.)

Thanks,
Dan

Attached files 273026=15078-ImageRampIssue.png

I also noticed this problem when ramping images. I ended up creating a scene (or one for each colour) with the exact layout of the image, and ramping that using start/end colours.

I believe the ramping of images isn't quite complete, the help on image where it refers to the ramp value has the wording :
· Start color (future)
· End color (future)

So I guess the ramp colour isn't quite there.

I was just re-reading the SS powerpoint on making animations, it states (slide 27)

" As the second horse image disappears, it goes to white and then fades. The software does this for any Image that has a Ramp Time Length greater than zero"

It would be the image blending to white prior to disappearing which causes the ramp to 'dis-colour'.

robandwend wrote:

I also noticed this problem when ramping images. I ended up creating a scene (or one for each colour) with the exact layout of the image, and ramping that using start/end colours.

I believe the ramping of images isn't quite complete, the help on image where it refers to the ramp value has the wording :
· Start color (future)
· End color (future)

Good idea on the scenes to fade the color! Thanks,
Dan

BillyTRichVa wrote:

robandwend wrote:
I was just re-reading the SS powerpoint on making animations, it states (slide 27)

What SS powerpoint?

The powerpoint presentations are available on my web site at www.superstarlights.com Click on the 'PowerPoint Downloads' link underneath the word 'Other'

DanR wrote:

robandwend wrote:

· Start color (future)
· End color (future)

Good idea on the scenes to fade the color! Thanks,
Dan

The behavior of a ramp on an image is admittedly unexpected, and you could say that it is 'not quite there'
The way it currently behaves is that any colors in the image change from their initially intensity to full intensity over the duration of the ramp. This means that an image that is 50% red will ramp up to 100% red. An image with Red, Green, and Blue in it, will ramp up to White. An image with Green and Blue in it will ramp up to Cyan. An image with Red and Green in it will ramp up to Yellow. An image with Red and Blue in it will ramp up to Magenta. The intent is to have the image burst to a brighter intensity. I did this simply because it was what I wanted to happen in the sequences that I wrote. Fore example, in Jingle Bell Rock when it shows the Horse with his feet raised, it then bursts to white and disappears.

So if you don't what the "burst of brightness" effect you will need to draw a series of images that go through whatever intensities you desire. I would think the most common thing to want is for the image to fade to black. This currently could only be done by defining a series of images, each one being dimmer than the previous one. In a future release I should have an option to fade to black.