Light-O-Rama Forums

Very serious small problem.

Guy Dreger

I downloaded 3.0 and find it's messing up the music to lights synchronization while editing by as much as 3 seconds. This of course makes it impossible to work with.

Here's the deal. I started a new song (Haunted Bumps Remix 2) and did the tapper wizard to get the basic points in there for the words. Put my default mouth movements in for getting the timings and went front to back synchronization the movement exactly. Everything went great but when I was finished and played the whole thing back I found the beginning of song was 3 seconds out and the timing got closer and close as it got towards the end.

So, figuring I did something wrong I re-fixed it. Saved the file.
Came back to it today to add other stuff and found it was about 2 seconds out the other way at the beginning of the file (gradually getting better as the song goes one).

I've tried to figure out what exactly is throwing it out as I can jump around play sections and all looks good until it start shifting things that are already done.

What I think is going on is that it's sometimes loosing it's exact synchronization when I'm zooming in/out.

Now I don't need the new song. I'd skip it if it's a problem but I have others that I need to update for Halloween and I'm scared to touch them as I've seen it move the synchronization while editing and I've seen it look absolutely fine and yet when I save the file and reload it, it's now thrown off.

Please I would really like to get things fixed up by Halloween.

Saw the exact same behavior last Halloween. Good news is it is an easy fix.

Most likely what it is are variable bit rate MP3s. Get Audacity and convert them to constant bit rate MP3's, or you can convert the audio file to a WAV file.

Yep, its a Variable Bitrate music clip.. use Audacity, or Goldwave, or a similar type audio editing program. Resave the clip in Constant Bitrate .mp3 or .wav file and thats'll fix the problem.