Light-O-Rama Forums

super star on ccr lights

Tony Hefner

I am going to upgrade to S3 but now only have standard lights. I have a 144 chanels with a 32 channel mega tree. Will I be to be able to use the superstar editor to create a sequence and how many channels would i need to purchase. How well will it work on a simple setup

The Superstar Editor is separate from S3 and is used mainly for multiple CCD devices, such as Cosmic Color Ribbons and Cosmic Color Bulbs...

If you plan on having these in the future then certainly get the SuperStar Software, which includes your update to S3.

How many channels do you need to purchase is irrelevant to the Super Star Software..you buy it according to how many devices you have.

Each CCR ribbon is 150 channels, but the software is sold according ot how many devices you have IE: 4, 8 24

So if you plan on having 12 ribbons, you would need to purchase the one that allows you 24 CCD devices.

jimswinder wrote:

The Superstar Editor is separate from S3 and is used mainly for multiple CCD devices, such as Cosmic Color Ribbons and Cosmic Color Bulbs...

If you plan on having these in the future then certainly get the SuperStar Software, which includes your update to S3.

How many channels do you need to purchase is irrelevant to the Super Star Software..you buy it according to how many devices you have.

Each CCR ribbon is 150 channels, but the software is sold according ot how many devices you have IE: 4, 8 24

So if you plan on having 12 ribbons, you would need to purchase the one that allows you 24 CCD devices.

Thanks for explaining the CCR part. Explaining what happens when using a Visualization that has other lights is a little harder. When sequencing a visualization each group of lights that are at the same location are mapped to one of the green boxes in the sequencing grid above the visualization. The default is for the code to detect rows of lights and sort your lights by rows and each row goes into a different sequencing row. This is generally the best way to do it both when sequencing manually and for instant sequences.
Now for example, if you have the 8 CCR license, you can do 8 CCRs, but more precisely you can do 8 sequencing rows. Those 8 rows can be CCRs, regular lights, or a mix thereof.
If you having several rows of regular lights, you can reduce the number of sequencing rows by selecting 'Import Visualization' and in the dialog box that pops up, don't choose to sort by rows.
This is confusing, but if you try your visualization and step through the first few pages of the help files on sequencing a visualization it will make more sense.